- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 17 Jul 18 2018-07-17
The Team :
The Data Science team is part of Technology in the S&P Global Market Intelligence. The Data Science team works closely with business stakeholders and divisions to develop cutting-edge data science solutions that enhance our products and services and streamline our operations using machine learning, data engineering, and Visual Analytics,
The Impact : In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on a diverse cutting-edge of data science projects that utilize data engineering to enhance our products, streamline our businesses and operations, and open new market opportunities.
What's in it for you : S&P Global is a Fortune 500 company and a recognized industry-leading provider of data, analytics and market insight. We provide a data-rich environment and various opportunities to have a lasting impact in data science applications to finance and analytics. This is an opportunity to use your data engineering skills to change the direction of the company. You will work with data science and technology leaders in the company.
- Work with data scientists to pull data for variety of data sources and perform data validation, data profiling and alignment
- Automate the data collection and data delivery to tooling, model-building, and visualization.
- Be proactive in the identification data engineering opportunities and making the case for data engineering.
- Interact with business leaders, domain experts, and end-users to gain business understanding, data understanding, and collect requirements for data engineering purposes.
Qualifications : BS in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Operation Research, or related fields with 4+ years of relevant industry experience
- Working knowledge of traditional data storage, relational databases, SQL, and ETL tools
- Experience with data profiling, data validation, optionally data imputation techniques
- Exposure to Big Data platform and distributed computing such as Hadoop ecosystem (Hive, HBase, Pig) and Spark
- Proficient programming skills in Python or R.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.