Data Hunter Equity Investment Research Analyst
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Analytic Recruiting Inc.
- 17 Oct 17 2017-10-17
An Investment Manager in New York is looking for a Data Hunter to identify, source and analyze alternative data forms which may include surveys, point of sales, credit card data and web-harvested information and other forms of new, structured and unstructured information that will uncover actionable investment insights.
- Work Closely with Fundamental Equity Analysts and Portfolio Managers to identify and develop data -oriented solutions that contribute to investment research
- Present and communicate data driven research and ideas that will help to identify changes in business conditions and shape the narrative on an investment decision
- Proactively discover unique data sources that offer alpha generation opportunities
- Use Business Intelligence applications to identify investment signals and trends
- Use Machine Learning applications on unstructured data to extract investment insights
- Conduct Big Data Research
- Creatively source, aggregate and analyze massive amounts of data
- Use SQL to query large databases
- Monitor data quality and identify data integrity problems
- Must have 4 years of Business Intelligence and/or Equity Data Analysis Experience
- Must have a quantitative degree, high GPA from a Top School
- Must have experience working in equities investment research or business intelligence at a corporation
- Must have strong statistical modeling experience (Excel, SAS, R, Python)
- Strong SQL experience
- Must have proficiency with databases and visualization software
- Must be able to have creative analytical skills to identify investment signals and trends
- Must be able to work in a collegial but time sensitive investment environment
- Candidate may be working in a business intelligence position at a large corporation providing data driven insights on consumer trends, industry trends and company performance trends that would help identify and forecast changing business conditions.
Keywords: Machine Learning, Business Intelligence, Text Mining, Data Scientist, Web Scraping, SQL, Parsing, Python, Scripting, Data Analyst, MapReduce, Hadoop
Please refer to Job 22848 - and send MS Word attached resume to email@example.com.