Data Scientist-Research Analyst
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- Analytic Recruiting Inc.
- 19 Mar 18 2018-03-19
An Investment Manager in New York is looking for a Data Scientist Research Analyst to identify, source and analyze nontraditional and alternative sources of data and provide key insights to support the firm’s investment decision process.
- Combine alternative sources of data with fundamental equity research to determine points of inflection for publicly traded companies
- Data Mining vast amounts of raw, unstructured datasets to find key and actionable insights to generate investment ideas
- Work directly with Fundamental Equity Research Analysts and PM’s to incorporate a quantamental and data informed approach to investment ideas
- Source and evaluate new alternative, nontraditional datasets for potential investment ideas and signals
- Work Closely with Fundamental Equity Analysts and Portfolio Managers to identify and develop data -oriented solutions that contribute to investment research
- Present and communicate data driven research and ideas that will help to identify changes in business conditions and shape the narrative on an investment decision
- Proactively discover unique data sources that offer alpha generation opportunities
- Must have extensive (3-4 years) data mining experience with both structured and unstructured data
- Must be able to creatively develop new sources of alternative data that can be used to support investment decisions
- Must have Data Analysis technology skills (Python, Python Script, R, SQL and Spark (PySpark)
- Must have a quantitative degree, high GPA from a Top School
- Must have superior oral and written communications skills
- Must be able to work in a collegial but time sensitive investment environment
Keywords: Alternative Data, Unstructured Data, Machine Learning, Business Intelligence, Text Mining, Data Scientist, Web Scraping, SQL, Parsing, Python, Scripting, Data Analyst
Please refer to Job 22848 - and send MS Word attached resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.