Data Scientist - Investment Bank
Do you have extensive experience working in the world of Data Science including Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning? We're looking for someone like that who:
– Is happy to get their hands dirty with the data;
– Has demonstrated interest in the Data Science, AI and Machine Learning space;
– Has built recommender systems or similar AI deliveries;
– Keeps up with the AI literature;
– Has some commercial experience;
A brand new group within the Investment Bank's Corporate Client Solutions (CCS) business based around Big Data, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence. The team will leverage in-house cutting edge knowledge and data to develop predictive analytics models and research to systematically identify traditional investment banking opportunities across Advisory and Capital Markets. The team is embedded within the Business and will partner with different teams across CCS Advisory and Capital Markets globally to develop innovative client and transaction targeting solutions and expand the department into new areas.
Your experience and skills
• Understanding and interest in data science, machine learning, and AI
• Practical programming experience is essential
• Strong interest in working in investment banking and financial services
• Excellent oral and written communication, organizational and client facing skills
The following are a plus:
• Experience in the Python data science stack
• Experience working in a multi-layered distributed architecture
• Experience with working in Hadoop and distributed computing frameworks
• Experience in Apache Spark or similar
You likely have:
– a master's degree or equivalent (or greater) in Mathematics, Engineering or similar quantitative field
– a self-starter
– keen programmer
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.