Data Specialist - Environmental, Social, and Governance
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock - from around the world. In Global Data, we're responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) data is increasingly crucial for our clients - providing deeper intelligence than conventional financial analysis alone. Climate change, regulatory pressures, the importance of human capital, and diversity are just a few critical factors global investors consider to best identify emerging risks and opportunities. At Bloomberg, ESG data is displayed alongside fundamental data, backed by news for context, and used to power a growing suite of Sustainable Finance products.
As a team, we are responsible for reporting and enhancing ESG-related content for the Bloomberg Terminal and Enterprise products, including company-reported and normalized metrics, key analytical ratios, industry-specific metrics, and proprietary ESG scores. Among our product offerings are datasets covering various topics related to corporate governance, including board composition, executive compensation, and shareholder rights.
Joining the Global Data department means that you are a part of one of the world's leading sources of data, providing accurate, immediate insights for financial market professionals. You will enhance your product knowledge, learn about our clients and their needs, and build relationships throughout the company, all while helping our clients integrate ESG risk and opportunity analysis into their workflows. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Research, monitor and analyze evolving corporate governance standards globally. Scope and implement new data fields as required
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects to ensure superior quality and coverage across our corporate governance data sets
- Liaise with other departments, such as Product, Sales, News and Engineering to enhance relevant product offerings, including ESG scores and analytical tools
- Assist our world-renowned client support help desk with escalated client inquiries and meet with clients to understand their corporate governance data needs
- Take ownership and be proactive with key areas of responsibility
We'd love to see:
- BA/BS with strong academic standing
- Minimum 2-4 years experience working in ESG data analysis, research, and/or reporting. Experience working for corporate governance or proxy advisory and/or executive compensation consulting firms welcomed
- Subject matter expertise in one or more ESG themes, with a preference for experience with and desire to focus on Corporate Governance data and research
- Strong project management skills: strategic thinking, setting deadlines, and leading the execution of tasks both independently and collectively with a group
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the ESG market, with preference for experience working with a range of disclosure frameworks and standards, including but not limited to TCFD, SASB, GRI; as well as ability to engage with internal stakeholders on and contribute meaningfully to conversations with clients about the integration of ESG into investment decision-making
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
Does this sound like you?
- Master's degree or advanced certification such as a CFA charterholder
- ESG-related education such as SASB FSA certification
- Ability to read/write in a language other than English, particularly Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Working knowledge of the Bloomberg Terminal
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.