Robert Half Financial Services are currently recruiting for a Deal Support and Valuation role within a global alternative investment firm, located in midtown Manhattan, New York. Our client requires 3+ years in a Deal Support, Valuation or Due Diligence role, focusing on Mortgage Credit or Private Debt. The candidate also must have strong financial modeling experience, and confident communication skills as they will have direct contact with senior professionals across Investment, Legal, Tax, Operations and Accounting professionals.
- The primary investment focus of this Deal Support and Valuation role is Mortgage Credit and Private Debt, though there may be exposure to other investing segments and strategies as the business evolves.
- Coordinate investment closings including structuring, review of legal documentation, senior finance and treasury functions
- Participate in financial, legal and tax due diligence for potential investments
- Contribute to regular portfolio reviews to assess investment performance
- Monitor deal compliance including performance covenants, senior finance covenants, cash flow projections and financial reporting
- Actively support disposition process at both portfolio and asset level
- Participate in periodic audits of asset managers and servicers
Valuation & Reporting
- Build and maintain valuation models for specific illiquid investments
- Build and maintain relationships with external asset managers, servicers and portfolio companies
- Deal performance reporting to internal investment professionals, investor relations, tax, legal, and the Valuation Committee
- Completion of monthly performance reporting, Valuation Committee materials, and internal database updates
- Ad hoc reporting as required
- Manage external valuation verification procedures
- Lead and/or participate in projects as required: system enhancements, process improvements, vendor analysis and due diligence, etc.
- Advanced degree or certification preferred (CPA/CFA/MBA)
- 3+ years in a Deal Support, Valuation or Due Diligence role, focusing on Mortgage Credit or Private Debt
- Extensive experience with Excel and building financial models
- Asset management experience preferred
This Deal Support and Valuation role is located in midtown Manhattan New York, so please only apply if you are able to travel to this location, have relevant experience for the role and are eligible to work in the United States. The salary is flexible dependent on experience, but the initial range is $100k-$120k base plus discretionary bonus. If your profile matches the above criteria, please contact me on **firstname.lastname@example.org**