- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- IHS Markit ..
- 17 May 18 2018-05-17
We are seeking a development lead for the SwapOne platform – a full featured Swap lifecycle application that is utilised by both buy and sell side clients. SwapOne is written in C# as a three tier application and uses Sql Server for its database.
Duties & accountabilities
Team Management – Responsible for managing the SwapOne development team, defining the application’s roadmap, improving SDLC processes, and working with the product management group to help drive the application forward. They will be responsible for assisting in the design and management of projects that will vary in size from small tactical fixes to larger, system wide enhancements. The candidate must be happy working closely with the client to gather requirements and discuss potential solutions.
Client Integration – Work with sales and business analysis team to facilitate deployment and integration of SwapOne with newly on-boarded clients.
Support – Although we have a dedicated support team, the development team is responsible for resolving issues escalated to them by the support team. The lead is responsible for making sure that support for the application is being conducted to the highest possible standard and addressing the issue when this is not the case
Continuous Delivery – Drive the team towards a continuous delivery methodology through implementation of automated unit tests and contribution towards the industrialisation of our build and deployment processes.
Technical Vision – Major contributor to the evolving long term technical road map for the SwapOne platform ensuring that the technical solutions and patterns within the application remain current and that we are constantly improving the quality and ease of delivery. Proactively drive efforts to reduce technical debt and the remediation of issues related to code quality, functional behaviour, and performance.
Development – An optional part of the role. There will be opportunities to undertake some development of the SwapOne application.
Education and experience
- Commercial experience of building or maintaining a swap/ prime brokerage platform within a software house, hedge fund or banking environment or commercial non-swap experience within a financial services organisation
- Computer Science degree preferred but commercial experience deemed more relevant
- Understanding of C# including Remoting, WCF, and Winforms. Ideally experience of .NET 4.0
- Detailed understanding of Transact-SQL preferably using SQL Server. Including creation of tables, indexes and stored procedures
- Excellent understanding of OO concepts and 3 tier applications
- Commercial experience performance tuning .NET applications and SQL
- Experience of either: Agile, Spiral, Waterfall or Iterative development methodologies
- Experience of Continuous Integration tools (preferably TeamCity) and code analytic tools.
- Experience of one or more automated testing tools and a believer in the importance of testing within the SDLC
- Experience managing development teams in a financial services environment
- Experience of interacting with senior technology and business stakeholders on project and production issues.
- Experience building off shore development, support and/ or testing teams
- Can demonstrate implementation of common DevOps tools