Director – Portfolio Reporting & Analytics
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- 27 Mar 18 2018-03-27
We are currently seeking a Director of Reporting and Analytics for a significant CRE Debt portfolio.
Hanover Street Capital, LLC (AKA “Hanover Street”), is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Situs Group, the established leader in providing world class advisory, finance and investment solutions to the global real estate industry. Hanover Street operates as a fully dedicated platform servicing Deutsche Bank’s Commercial Real Estate Group, where we provide our Client a comprehensive suite of services across commercial real estate debt and equity transactions. Please find us at http://hanoverstreetcapital.com
We are currently seeking a Director – Portfolio Reporting & Analytics to join the NY team. This position leads and manages the Portfolio Management team, which is responsible for data aggregation and financial reporting associated with a portfolio of US CRE assets, as well as select European CRE positions, which total in excess of $25 bn. The focus and format of these reports vary for each respective book of business according to the availability of information and treatment of each reporting line. Portfolio Management has customized processes and procedures in support of the client’s business activities to ensure consistent and accurate reporting across all books.
In addition, Portfolio Management is responsible for preparation of reports and analytical tools spanning across the various reporting lines. The largest comprehensive report is the Quarterly Reporting Package spanning across all US books.
The analysis seeks to make this information actionable and is led by the Portfolio Dashboard, which reports on current and future exposures, profits, liquidity, and limit utilization; calculates return on RWA and screens for opportunities to create value; performs macroeconomic stress testing leveraging property financials; and allows for sizing and structuring hypothetical trades.
Supporting the team is an Access database that is focused primarily on Asset Management, but was developed and is maintained by the Portfolio Management team. As it relates to Portfolio Management reporting, this database’s primary uses are the management of loan inventories and AUM, a link to Servicing’s Enterprise Data Warehouse to make balances and collections more accessible, and the storing of property financial statements and rent rolls required for macroeconomic stress testing.
The position must constantly adapt to changing Client needs and must look for new opportunities to innovate the team’s technology and deliverables.
This position is for the manager of the Portfolio Reporting & Analytics team, which is responsible for reporting on originated or acquired real estate debt investments, including single assets and non-performing loan pools.
- Ensure consistent delivery of existing monthly and quarterly reporting packages, which consist of traditional pdf reports as well as the Excel-based Portfolio Dashboard, an interactive tool allowing concurrent analysis of several aspects of portfolio performance
- Develop additional tools and reports to enhance breadth and depth of deliverables, often with little direction from the Client
- Act as a liaison between various teams at Hanover (Portfolio Management, Asset Management, and Loan Administration) and Deutsche Bank (Head of Asset and Portfolio Management, business units, BRM credit group, and Finance accounting group) to ensure sharing of information and accuracy of reports
- Oversee development of Asset Management-focused database, which manages loan inventories, stores property financials & rent rolls, reports on loan covenants, and provides a link to Servicing’s Enterprise Data Warehouse for balances and collections
- Perform quality control on base-level monthly reports for each portfolio in respective Loan Models. This includes reviewing end reports, plus reconciliations versus other systems, checking new loan boarding, and ensuring adherence to checklist-driven process
- Propose/Make changes to Loan Models on as-needed basis
- Respond to ad hoc requests from the Client which may involve creating custom spreadsheets and presentations, or reports and/or queries from Access database
Experience & Skills Required:
- Thorough understanding of:
- Real estate finance and performance metrics
- Commercial real estate loan structural provisions (particularly with respect to interest, fees, amortization, extensions)
- Property financial statements and valuation concepts
- Structured finance concepts
- IFRS loan accounting
- Advanced analytical and computer skills with
- Robust Excel modeling capabilities
- Intermediate+ database capabilities including Microsoft Access and/or SQL Server
- Ability to anticipate, perceive, and react to Client needs even when not completely articulated and may require development of bespoke framework
- Strong business writing and presentation skills, particularly with respect to articulating new technology and models to users and consumers
- Must follow, develop, and continually update processes and procedures to maintain quality standards
- Managerial ability for team of 3 subordinates
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet multiple deadlines
- Ability to work in a team environment, yet to think independently
- Advanced MS Excel and VBA knowledge
- MS Access and SQL proficiency a plus
- 10+ years in financial services industry, with a focus on structured finance, financial analysis, performance measurement, and/or real estate finance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Real Estate or related experience and skills
- Master’s Degree and/or CFA preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer (m/f/d/v).
This Employer Participates in E-Verify