Director - Leveraged Portfolio Credit Team
The newly formed Global Leveraged Portfolio Group Credit Team ("LPG") within Banking, Capital Markets and Advisory ("BCMA") is seeking a Director to join the NAM LPG team. The Director is an experienced banker level professional that will work with the full global team to lead and drive a best-in-class Leveraged Lending In-Business Credit organization with a goal of materially enhancing Citi's end-to-end Leveraged Lending credit management process. This will be achieved through a strong partnership with Banking, Capital Markets and Risk.
The LPG Director will be actively involved in Citi's credit approval and origination process for leveraged finance transactions, as well as providing ongoing oversight of Citi's credit monitoring and portfolio management supporting Citi's Leveraged Lending clients.
Our Bankers have a comprehensive understanding of the wide range of complex financial issues facing our clients and can provide the opportunity to further develop an enhanced set of core credit skills. Combined with an appreciation of the broad set of services offered by Citi, this understanding allows us to effectively deliver innovative solutions to our clients, as well as properly manage the credit exposure within global Citi's Leveraged Lending Portfolio within a culture of strong controls and governance. Director Role and Responsibilities:
- Work with team of analysts, associates and bankers to oversee and provide critical support and leadership across LPG's core functions: (1) Leveraged Finance transaction origination and credit approval; (2) periodic credit monitoring; (3) portfolio management and reporting, limits and early problem recognition; (4) global leveraged lending related projects and strategic initiatives
- Evaluate and gain a strong understanding of clients' business, financial performance and key credit drivers across various industries with the objective of building credit opinions / recommendations raising issues and concerns as needed
- Assess transactions with new clients in the leveraged lending space
- Supervise NAM LPG team in coordination with Citi's Risk Analytics Unit to perform periodic written reviews of the clients' financial and operating performance, covenant compliance, management/relationship strategy, and competitive position within its peer group
- Work in coordination with full LPG team to assess risk and seek approval for and assist in executing transactions on behalf of clients
- Help manage the NAM LPG team, responsible for their credit training, mentoring and professional growth throughout their tenure in the group
- Interact regularly with our product partners in Capital Markets, Investment Banking, Corporate Banking and Risk, in conjunction with complex deal approvals and credit management
- Analyze underlying business rationale/strategy for deals that are conducted through creating both Business and portfolio reviews for Senior Management on the global risks for the portfolio as well as to highlight key trends in the market.
- Thought leader to help develop and execute on a robust governance framework for BCMA's leveraged lending end-to-end credit processes
- Coordinate with the LPG Legal Documentation team in relevant projects
- Lead responses for Fundamental Credit Reviews, Internal Audits, and Regulatory Reviews
- Remain current on relevant Leveraged Lending market trends and issues
- 7-10+ years of credit or related leveraged finance experience
- Team player with strong work ethic who also works well with others
- Proven ability to lead and execute multi-team / multi-region projects
- Strong writing, analytical, communication, and presentation skills
- Experience in coaching and mentoring junior bankers
- Ability to take on demanding responsibilities, work under pressure, demonstrate initiative, and work independently while juggling multiple tasks at one time
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required. Job Family Group:
Institutional Banking Job Family:
Corporate Banking Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting