Director - Licensing, Audit and Compliance
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 22 Jun 18 2018-06-22
Director - Licensing, Audit and Compliance
The Role: Director, Licensing Governance, Audit and Compliance
The Location: New York, New York
The Impact: You will help drive the business to implement a comprehensive licensing, governance, audit and compliance framework around the ratings data intellectual property. The position interacts with clients/prospects, engages with leadership and peers across Product, Commercial and Legal groups within SPGMI.
This role will support the RatingsXpress (enterprise data feed) product management team. RatingsXpress is part of the Credit Solutions product suite, which also includes ratings research, historical ratings transitions as well as issuer default and bond recovery data. Credit Solutions is a business unit within SPGMI Risk Services.
You will support product leadership and work closely with Commercial, Legal and Regulatory teams in licensing governance, audit and compliance functions, serving the following customer segments: Investment Management, Investment Banking, Insurance, Commercial Banking, and Non-Financial Corporates with a focus on Redistribution vendors.
What's in it for you: The opportunity to play a highly involved strategic role in tracking and enforcing by:
- Communicating our IP rights to executives at client organizations
- Crafting redistribution statements of use, contract terms and conditions and pricing frameworks
- Driving monetization of IP through audits and conversion of non-permitted use to licensed contracts
- Assuming responsibility for pre-authorization and usage-reporting processes.
Our Hiring Manager says: "You will have specific financial market experience in enforcement of intellectual property rights, ability to articulate licensing needs, non-permitted use and demonstrate strong negotiation skills. You should have a strategic mindset, communicate effectively with partners, work well in a team, have the ability to execute independently and mentor a junior resource".
What We're Looking For:
- Driven, self-directed person with an understanding of commercial licensing of IP and value-based pricing concepts.
- Familiarity with channel partnership considerations and major redistribution market participants.
- Ability to collaborate with commercial, legal and regulatory teams; guide and mentor junior team member.
- Ability to turn high level requirements into execution plan with actionable steps, secure consensus from partners and follow through to execution.
- Construct, review and negotiate legal contracts to ensure consistency across clients with respect to deal terms and pricing.
- Review non-permitted use including nature of use, sources of data and permissions in relevant contracts.
- Communicate with clients to discuss licensing needs and send compliance letters, demonstrating good judgment in tone of engagement.
- Identify, design and implement process flows for third-party vendor contracts involving pre-authorization or post-deal reporting, that eliminates revenue leakage, implements Lean process principles, addresses needs of partners and optimizes productivity.
- Identify candidates for audits in close consultation with commercial teams based on non-permitted use, contract provisions. Lead execution of external audits; engage and direct external auditor.
- 10+ years in the financial services sector (either at a data/ research/ analytics vendor or at a Financial Institution).
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business, economics or related subject required. Master's degree preferred.
- Demonstrable, directly related work experience including experience with legal contracts required.
- Strong commercial mindset, creative problem solving ability and understanding of banking and asset management functions.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office (in particular advanced Excel, including statistical add-in packages & PowerPoint). Familiarity with major data, research and analytics vendors like MSCI, FactSet, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, ICE Data Services, preferred.
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial, industry data, research, and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person's ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.