Director - Model Validation
- $150k - 250k per year + bonus
- New York, NY, USA
- Temporary, Full time
- GQR Global Markets
- 26 Sep 17 2017-09-26
My client is seeking an established individual to help lead a team of successful quantitative analysts and implement and develop models to present to relevant stakeholders.
As an individual you must have a strong understanding of complex mathematical models. Furthermore, as a director you must enjoy teamwork across different levels and be an excellent communicator. My client is looking for someone who can:
- Analyse a models conceptual and mathematical soundless and evaluate if it is fit for purpose;
- Provide challenge to model owners and identify appropriate risks and model limitations;
- Communicate with stakeholders and counterparts alike, in order to manager and mitigate model risks;
- Have an adept understanding of; C++/C#, Python and R;
- Produce high standard model review documentation for both stakeholders and regulators.
You will need:
- A master’s degree in a mathematic field, preferably complemented with a relevant PhD;
- Past experience in a similar quantitative role, related to model validation and development;
- A strong understanding of quantitative risk management, financial mathematics, stochastic calculus, numerical techniques such as Monte Carlo/American monte Carlo Stimulation;
- An excellent understanding of; C/C#/C++, with; Latex, Python and R.