- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Director - Product Strategy
Location: New York, NY, USAThe Director Product Strategy will be responsible for overseeing strategic projects, product management and may also manage a team. They will be responsible for directing product vision - from product evaluation, design, enhancement, implementation and performance monitoring - and lead multiple initiatives spanning cross functional teams. Additional responsibilities will include:
- Delivering on high profile projects which may be within a single team or span across multiple functions, divisions or capability sets within Moody's Analytics. Projects may include all aspects of the product lifecycle
- Ensure the voice of the customer is reflected in product roadmap and designs
- Collaborate closely with all teams engaged in the product development process
- Independently develop and lead business plans with accountability for targets and KPIs for sales, development and engagement.
- Build investment cases to support long term strategic plans and roadmaps
- Subject matter expert on products including Bureau van Dijk capabilities and functionality. Responsibilities may include overseeing the education of sales force, the collection and prioritization of product requirements across the portfolio, and development of go to market plans.
- Anticipate and implement necessary operational infrastructure to ensure product integrity and support product expansion
- Monitor competitive developments and develop strategic responses in support of educating and informing the organisation of opportunities and threats
- Report to senior management on the financial performance and strategic positioning of key products
- Represent Moody's Analytics at internal and external meetings and conferences
- Support the assessment of new and emerging opportunities to grow the business including joint ventures, acquisitions and partnerships
- May manage a team
- Undergraduate/ bachelor's degree required in a business related discipline, Information Systems or Engineering. MBA/ Post graduate qualification desired
- Extensive strategic experience preferably gained in management consulting or investment banking
- Ability to lead and manage cross functional working groups
- Experience in hiring and managing staff
- Experience in leading projects end to end
- Strong understanding of global capital/ credit markets
- Strong quantitative, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills, including presentation and public speaking
- Advanced knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel
- Demonstrable experience of leadership and developing a team
- Experience or knowledge of product management, marketing, strategic planning or product development required
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.