Director - Regulatory Change
- Director Salary ranged $200-270k
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Mondrian Alpha Recruitment Solutions
- 19 Sep 17
My client are looking to grow a small team of experienced regulatory change professionals who provide project sponsors and senior level business executives with detailed knowledge and understanding of existing, upcoming and relevant regulatory news and resulting actions required for the business, then lead the programs to facilitate the fundamental changes required to meet those demands.
This is a task force, responsible for both the advisory and program execution. The Regulatory Project Manager provides program/project/portfolio management expertise across all regulatory change and helps business executives understand what is relevant to their business, what the impact is, and how as a business group they should be addressing the regulatory impact. The successful applicant is responsible for project development, project oversight, process management and objective status reporting to ensure timely execution of projects and project success. The successful applicant will advocate Program/Project Management Professionalism. The successful applicant will take direction from the head of the SRO group and the Senior Regulatory Research Analyst and will work with senior management to prepare, write and manage project plans to ensure that the organisation is responding to regulatory change in a timely, cost effective and professional way. The successful applicant plans, organises, implements and oversees execution and successful completion of multiple highly complex projects required for Markets. The successful applicant will establish the project participants with their primary roles within the designated projects and will coordinate activities of participants from other departments/business lines to resolve issues, maintain schedules and achieve project goals. The successful applicant will be responsible for overseeing all client projects and initiatives with respect to systems development and operational functions and manage teams of coordinators that maintain project plans, issue lists and user systems tests. The successful applicant will develop, integrate and evaluate new advances in the industry to direct and lead successful results in Markets. The successful applicant will lead regulatory specific Sub-Committees for Markets where regulations require it for example on Client Asset Safeguarding.
- Working alongside senior management and project teams across the business, The successful applicant offers process, tool, and life cycle guidance on regulatory changes and assessments, along with action plans as appropriate, ensuring that regulatory change management is well planned.
- The successful applicant will help the business management to track performance to plan and monitors key process/project deliverables.
- The successful applicant takes the lead to identify risk and manage changes and issues that arise in the course of the project execution.
- The successful applicant advocates, supports and has experience in the implementation and utilisation of project management tools.
- The successful applicant will provide project metrics including RAG status, milestone tracking, dependencies, issue tracking.
- The successful applicant will lead regulatory specific Sub-Committees for Markets where regulations require it for example on Client Asset Safeguarding.
- The successful applicant uses experience to provide insight to planning processes and provide mentoring to project staff across the organisation.
Degree Level, Project Management Qualification. 8 years industry experience.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Detailed knowledge of the Markets organisation and products would be useful.
- Industry knowledge of the business structure as a whole will be necessary to enable this person to understand delivery of functional specifications and design based on the business requirements and strategy.
- A good working knowledge of Client Asset Safeguarding Requirements collateral management processes and/or the securities lending business especially will be important.
- Previous experience of understanding and advising how a business line can fit its working practices to the functional requirements of any relevant regulations, as well as communicating this in a practical manner to senior management in order to meet project goals and aims.
- Proven ability and experience in thinking laterally in applying regulatory changes across the groups.
- Demonstrate the understanding and confidence to actively work with the Markets groups and their senior management to help them understand how regulatory change affects them, and what they must do in order to implement the regulation within their business.
- An understanding of the Compliance environment will be an advantage.
- They must help the management team understand how regulatory projects will affect their business, as well as help them to understand the practical application of change across their business groups.
- They will need strong negotiation skills and be a clear and precise thinker.