Director - Sector Lead Healthcare
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 17 Jun 18 2018-06-17
Director - Sector Lead Healthcare
S&P Global is the world's foremost provider of financial market intelligence, including independent credit ratings, indices, risk evaluation, investment research and data. With over 20,000 employees, including wholly owned affiliates, located in 21 countries, S&P Global is an essential part of the world's financial infrastructure and has played a leading role for more than 150 years in providing investors with the independent benchmarks they need to feel more confident about their investment and financial decisions.
The U.S. Corporate Ratings Practice in S&P Global Ratings has a Sector Lead (Director) vacancy for the Healthcare team. The successful candidate will lead the sector team's external interaction with investors, issuers and influential market participants.
The Sector Lead will be able to demonstrate analytical excellence and excellent communication skills. Moreover, you must demonstrate an ability to work at board level and represent S&P Global Ratings in a highly professional manner to issuers and global investors. You will be required to prepare and lead meetings with senior management teams to extract and assess information relating to credit quality and to explain our credit rating opinions. Strong organizational and presentation skills are required to implement, manage and continually improve the team's analytical and industry expertise and related governance. The sector lead will be expected to lead investor meetings and be able to speak at industry conferences on health care industry related matters.
The successful candidate will have an established track record in credit analysis and will be proficient at doing research and drafting issuer and sector wide analysis, with strong communication skills (both written and verbal), and experience with client and investor analytical education.
The Sector Lead will have broad responsibility for the developing and facilitating sector insight, thought leadership and analytics that covers the sector. The Sector Lead will ensure the integrity and quality of the ratings process.
- Provide analytical leadership and external focus
- Develops cross practice, cross-department, and global analytic research and commentary
- Actively chair and vote on the team's credits, particularly for complex and high profile issuers.
- Perform credit analysis by demonstrating the ability to understand and identify key factors that affect issue and issuer credit ratings, through the application of the relevant S&P Global's ratings criteria.
- Lead new transaction and issuer ratings analysis and deliver outcomes in a timely, orderly and insightful manner.
- Effectively leads special projects/tasks (criteria, regulatory, analytical, education, planning etc.)
- Acts as senior analytical spokesperson for the team, communicating S&P analytical thought leadership, credit themes, and new criteria via publications, speeches, conference presentations, and media interviews
- Supports lead Analysts, and Analysts during challenging interactions with issuers
- Meets with investors and intermediaries to provide analytical education and gather feedback
- Creates and leverages partnerships with lead Analysts in the team and Sector Specialists across Corporate Ratings
- Develops and cultivates interactions with other areas of Ratings Services and S&P Global
- Shares / transfers knowledge and skills, and mentors junior team members to develop them
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree and/or CFA a plus
- More than 10 years of experience in the financial services industry. Health care industry expertise is preferred.
- Strong expertise in analytical leadership, problem-solving and critical thinking.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor analytical team members.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational management skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- The aptitude to be a team player, but also be able to work independently
- Ability to maintain accuracy whilst complying with deadlines.
- Be highly proficient at working with financial models.
- Be computer literate having strong Excel/Word/PowerPoint and database application skills. Ability to prepare forecasts based upon reasoned assumptions will be required.
- Ability to exercise sound independent judgment and good business acumen.
- Must be able to work effectively in team-oriented, global, and multi-cultural environment