Director, Agile Coach
What we're looking for
is Director of Program Management who is passionate about helping teams realize their full potential by coaching and enabling the organization to deliver outstanding product as fast as possible while having fun. The ability to coach, mentor and teach teams, as well as, work closely with senior management to advance agility at the enterprise level are key components for success in this position. We would like someone who appreciates the depths of agile practices and principles and can help teams appreciate them, too. Someone who can help management at all levels of the organization to understand the benefits of working agile and who can assist in raising and removing organizational impediments. Essential Duties:
- Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers
- Guiding the team on how to get the most of out self-organization
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
- Facilitating to getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and streamlining information
- Shield the team from outside distractions and interferences.
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Providing all support to the team using servant leadership skills whenever possible, and leading by example Required Skills/Experience
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I)
- 5+ years' experience playing the Scrum Master role for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Good skills and knowledge of facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach(example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills Nice to have Skills/Experience
- Certified SAFe Practitioner
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: Kanban, XP, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team
- Experience applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach(example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
- Previous experience as a team lead
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills Education:
- Bachelor's degree preferable in Computer Science or Engineering.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
10 - Officials or Managers (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH103.2 - Middle Management Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
258886 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States