Director, Aladdin Business Commercial Lead
Description About this role
The Aladdin Business is growing rapidly, with the volume and complexity of new client deals and strategic partnerships growing each year. We are at the next phase of our growth and are evolving into a platform focused business with multiple new product launches and external partnerships. The Director, Aladdin Business Commercial Lead will play a central role in scaling our commercial operations, including partnerships, contracting, finance, and the pricing of new and existing products.
This executive will develop a deep understanding of our business goals, operations and risks, and have the requisite experience to represent Aladdin Business interests with senior leaders both internally and externally. The candidate will also work closely with Aladdin Business leaders to support and drive commercial strategy.
The role reports to the MD, Head of Aladdin Commercial Operations, Finance, and Contracting. About the Aladdin
Aladdin is our operating system for managing financial portfolios. It unites the information, people, and technology needed to manage money in real time at every step of the investment process. Aladdin exists so that every financial professional can see, understand, and act with clarity. Aladdin combines sophisticated risk analytics with comprehensive portfolio management, trading, and operations tools on a single platform to power informed decision-making. The platform creates a connective tissue for thousands of users investing worldwide. Key Responsibilities
- Lead complex, global client and partnership opportunities through a commercial-centric lens
- Partner with Product Leads to determine commercial strategy for new product launches
- Assist or lead negotiations of global opportunities
- Assist business development and relationship management with client commercial strategy
- Lead complex partnership opportunities in support of Aladdin's platform evolution
- Build more scalable and efficient processes to address growing volume and complexity of commercial operations
- Partner with the BlackRock Finance team to ensure business decision making is underpinned by comprehensive financial analysis
- Assist Commercial Operations globally, partnering with Business Development and Aladdin Client Engagement on commercial matters
- Deep understanding of technology & commercial transactions, with 8+ years of relevant industry experience
- Track record of leading successful commercial client negotiations, particularly around enterprise technology
- Experience implementing scalable and repeatable business processes
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with internal and client senior management
- Investment Banking, Corporate Development or Legal background strongly preferred, preferably with a Technology or Financial Institutions focus
- MBA, CFA, or JD strongly preferred
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.