Director Architecture - Senior Cloud Application Architect
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 24 Apr 18 2018-04-24
Director Architecture - Senior Cloud Application Architect
As an Enterprise Cloud Application Architect you will serve as a technical thought leader and subject matter expert for our public/private cloud ecosystem of partners, customers, and service providers. You will lead cloud initiatives leveraging AWS and other cloud technologies across multiple S&P programs. The architect will work within a multi Cloud environment and effectively harness the power and versatility of Cloud technologies to achieve resiliency, operational efficiencies and cost savings.
You will have extensive experience in architecting and leading application cloud migration & consolidation projects with various cloud providers and a successful track record of deploying these design solutions to the cloud.
The role also collaborates with other enterprise architects to ensure new services align to roadmaps and to understand the effect on the organization's application & infrastructure architecture. An experienced information professional who is a demonstrated leader, problem solver, and strategic thinker; is adaptable to and drives change through thought leadership, education, communication, partnership and results.
You will be senior expert contributor and part of the Rating Organization's Enterprise Architecture Team. This team, who has a broad and expert knowledge on many technology stacks and architectural patterns, fosters knowledge sharing and collaboration that results in a unified group strategy. All on the team provide leadership, innovation, timely delivery, and the ability to articulate business value. Be a part of a unique opportunity to build and evolve S&P's global enterprise architecture strategy.
Our Hiring Manager Says:
If you are an individual that would like to help drive diverse aspects of Technology Infrastructure and Cloud migration, this is an excellent opportunity. I am looking for someone with strong leadership skills, who thinks out of the box, and can provide innovative ideas, and clearly articulate the associated business value to the various stakeholders.
- Design, both technically compliant and secure Cloud solutions, as well as value-based, on-demand services to facilitate the effective transition and migration of applications into unique and adaptive cloud environment.
- Lead and support solutioning of Application Transformation/Modernization projects to Cloud and quality reviews of transformation solutions.
- Participate in a variety of application migration projects within a SDLC framework for multiple business units.
- Provide Architecture leadership for project activities, as they relate to cloud architecture and technology, between application teams and program resources to ensure timely migration of applications.
- Deep involvement in the planning and execution of the migration plans to migrate and/or decommission application instances and servers in scope without disruption to business groups.
- Drive meetings with subject matter experts from all areas of the business including: Infrastructure, Applications, Vendors, Architects and Leads to seek input from and plan/coordinate migrations, resource requirements and timelines.
- Leads the analysis of the current technology environment and defines high-level migration plans to address the gaps between the current and future state with the mindset of incremental capability roadmaps to demonstrate value quickly, yet with the ability to extend as needed, in sync with the Corporate strategy and philosophy and IT budgeting or other capital planning processes
- Coordinates with enterprise architects and data architects to ensure new cloud services align to roadmaps and to understand the impact on the organization's information architecture
- Liaises with external providers to resolve any issues in the functionality and interoperability of new cloud applications, cloud-based infrastructure, and other cloud services with existing IT systems
- Create architectural technology and business roadmaps that result in stronger business/IT alignment and drive adoption and usage of technology across the enterprise
- Define and enforce architecture cloud security controls, standards, procedures, metrics and policies
- Design and implement secure cloud application environments using public cloud infrastructure and platform services
- Provide leadership in architecture, design and build of complex applications and perform architectural design reviews
- Manage the development of transition plans for moving from the current to the future state environment across application portfolio
- Collaborate with both IT and business to influence decisions in technology investments
- Provides Cloud Architecture SME advice and guidance related to all of our activities including Information as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS) initiatives, projects, plans, and reviews.
- Container deployment configuration and administration, including Docker, Kubernetes, and others
- Microservices platform engineering such as API infrastructure, service discovery, secrets management, and caching
- Serve as a SME to diagnose and resolve problems on AWS/Oracle Cloud, applications and network services in the cloud alongside application owners and team members.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Enterprise Architecture
- 10+ years of Information Technology experience with Cloud certifications - AWS Certified Solution Architect a big plus
- Strong Technical experience in Core Java, J2EE, Spring framework, Hibernate, JSP Servlets, Java Script, and JQuery
- Strong leadership skills with a track record of delivering sound cloud technology solutions on Amazon Web Services (AWS), Ansible, Chef, Cloudfoundry, Openshift, Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- Expertise with middleware application servers, Weblogic 10.x/12.x, Tomcat 8.x, Wildfly/JBoss, Jetty, etc.
- Demonstrated solid understanding of Datacenter Operations (i.e. Production operations, Server, Storage, Network, Database Management., Systems Management., Helpdesk, DR/Business recovery practices, etc.)
- Thorough understanding of public cloud technologies including AWS, Azure and infrastructure (firewalls, load balancers, hypervisor, storage, monitoring, security etc.) and ITIL
- Hands-on experience on Hyper-Converged infrastructure environments (VCE/vBlock) a plus
- Extensive practice and strong belief in DevOps or NoOps methodologies such as CI/CD using full build, test and deploy automation tools and workflows
- Knowledge of cloud security standards (SOC2, FedRAMP, PCI-DSS, NIST, HIPAA etc.
- Expertise in architecting secure access strategies and solutions, leveraging IAM solutions, SSO and Federation
- Able to lead cloud architecting sessions with business and technology owners
- Advanced design skills and support solutions in a cloud computing and virtualized computing environment and understands hybrid cloud architectures.
- Ability to create Architecture blueprints that include infrastructure/cloud design specifications including hybrid cloud architectures, QoS, test and acceptance plans.
- Experience with migrating applications to one or more public cloud providers (Amazon, Oracle, Azure, Softlayer, etc.).
- Knowledge of server platform technologies (i.e. Unix/Wintel/…) a plus
- Have deployed, configured and implemented at least one Cloud Management technology such as Service Mesh, Entratius, Ostrato, Scalr, etc
- Expert knowledge of Agile approaches to software development and able to put key Agile principles into practice to deliver solutions incrementally.
- Monitors industry trends and directions; develops and presents substantive technical recommendations to senior management.
- Proven and demonstrable experience in architecting, designing and implementing high volume, high availability systems
- Experience employing TOGAF architecture development methodology (ADM).
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with strong ability to influence both IT and business partners
- Analytical thinking and problem solving skills with an ability to negotiate and trade-off technology options against goals and cost
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- An understanding of project management principles and Agile methodology
Standard & Poor's, a division of The McGraw-Hill Financial (NYSE:MHFI), is the world's foremost provider of financial market intelligence, including independent credit ratings, indices, risk evaluation, investment research and data. Standard & Poor's is an essential part of the world's financial infrastructure and has played a leading role for more than 140 years in providing investors with the independent benchmarks they need to feel more confident about their investment and financial decisions. For more information, visit http://www.standardandpoors.com