- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Mar 18
Director, Business Development
Location: New York, NY, USAMoody's Analytics EBU is looking for an entrepreneurial team player to help develop a Data-as-a Service business. EBU is an innovation focused team at Moody's Analytics working on fostering an entrepreneurial culture at MA, adoption of new technologies and tools and working with the Fintech -community to bring new products and concepts to the MA product portfolio. The Data-as-a Service initiative is organized as a multifunctional team working together to test Data-as-a Service concepts and develop new products working with several MA business lines and Fintech partners. Our Data-as-a Service team is looking for a business development expert that will take our ideas and early stage products to new and existing MA customers. We are looking to collect market feedback on concepts, test products and sell into early adopters. The Data-as-a Service team will work closely with Sales, Sales Operations and Support to establish our products in MA. Working with our customers we seek to learn, iterate rapidly and successfully deliver new products and solutions.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Facilitate and support the sales process of Moody's Analytics solutions, by selling to early adopters.
- Gather regular feedback regarding concepts, prototypes and products on our Data-as-a-service business
- Identify areas of enhancement and opportunities for growth
- Provide actionable, fact-based intelligence and insight to the business leaders and product management
- Support solutions launch process from release planning through sales enablement
- Maintain relationships at all levels with clients and prospective clients, industry experts, and other groups at MA
Department/Team: Emerging Business Unit
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree or related subject
- Strong understanding of risk management, data and technology requirements for Banks
- Building trusting relationships with customers and internal stakeholders
- Eliciting feedback and thoughts at all levels of the organization (internally and externally)
- Seeking to learn and improve on solutions
- Communicating complex ideas to all levels of the organization (internally and externally)
- Agile, willing to pivot, iterate on approaches
- Team focused, able to take on several roles as may be needed
- Work in cross-disciplined teams, especially product and engineering teams
- Excellent communication skills in English (verbal and written)
- Strong work ethic, professional and personable
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.