Director, HR communications
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 24 May 18 2018-05-24
Director, HR communications
The Role: Director, HR communications
The Location: New York, NY
The Team: The global team is comprised of dynamic 15+ members reporting up the EVP of Public Affairs.
The Impact: This position will provide dedicated strategic planning, direction and management to driving change and enhancing the culture leveraging our HR program communications for S&P Global Inc (SPGI) employee worldwide, overseeing the corporation's vehicles for internal mass communications (employee newsletters, Intranet, and corporate-wide email, and supporting major internal communications initiatives, programs and events. This position will contribute to the corporation's efforts that support employee engagement, productivity and retention.
What's in it for you:
- Opportunity to work with c-suite executive and leadership team
- Spearhead communication efforts around cultural transformation of S&P Global
- Partner with world-class communications team on best practices to optimize reach and engagement
- Partner with CHRO and Senior Leader employee engagement activities and events such as HR Town Halls, Roundtables, Key Note Speaking at Employee Events, etc.
- Specifically support CHRO to implement communication plans for HR initiatives and work closely with division communicators to collaborate on communications and share best practices and innovative approaches to our work.
- Guides and supports SPGI HRLT and Corporate senior leaders in strategic communications planning.
- Draft, edit, review and deliver key messages to employees worldwide regarding SPGI Corporate strategy, thought leadership, collaboration among business units, senior leader engagement and organizational changes, company wide programs, events and initiatives, acquisitions, divestitures, etc.
- Support Corporate Responsibility and Government Affairs lead to support communication efforts.
- Leveraging extensive knowledge of both change management and communications principles and practices, influencing stakeholder groups
- Managing appropriate change and communications activities for specific change initiatives
- Advising change management and communication activities with appropriate stakeholders to minimize cultural barriers and resistance to change;
- Partner with SPGI Studios to deliver employee focused content via video.
- Guide and peer mentor other communicators within team
- Use qualitative and quantitative tools and analysis to measure effectiveness of employee engagement through employee communications and to drive further engagement going forward.
- This role will also provide guidance for government affairs program communications for employees.
What We're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree, with a focus in communications, or journalism preferred
- At least 8+ years of relevant internal communication experience
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the modern employee communication practices and channel activation
- Must have strong verbal and writing/grammatical skills as well as ability to present information and ideas logically and clearly; keen eye for detail also required.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with ability to present ideas and information clearly.
- Expertise in HR Communications preferred
- Collaborative team player able to integrate with a diverse team.
At S&P Global, we don't give you intelligence-we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We're the world's foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global Platts. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.