Director, Head of Financial Benefits
- Commensurate with experience
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- 13 Aug 18 2018-08-13
Reporting to the Global Head of Benefits, this position is responsible for all aspects of the BlackRock financial benefits program in the Americas. This role oversees all retirement and financial well-being benefits in the region, as well as the stock purchase and deferred compensation.
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Reporting to the Global Head of Benefits, this position is primarily responsible for all aspects of the BlackRock financial benefits program in the Americas. This role will oversee all retirement and financial well-being benefits in the region as well as the stock purchase and deferred compensation plans). The ideal candidate will leverage their substantial benefits expertise to design and deliver a comprehensive benefits program to over 7,000 employees in the US, Canada and Latin America. This candidate will serve as a key member of the Total Rewards team and will work closely with Human Resources Operations and other internal groups (e.g., Legal, Tax, Controllers, Procurement, Internal Communications) to deliver a best in class Total Rewards programs and develop an overall strategy for the well-being of our people.
- Direct the development and ongoing review of the financial benefits strategy in the Americas.
- Lead the design and development of benefit policies, plans and programs that are linked to BlackRock’s strategic objectives
- Oversee the governance of benefits programs, specifically the management of the US retirement committee
- Evaluate present programs through research, surveys, and analysis of benefit trends and/or vendor management to ensure plans are competitive and current. Formulate and recommend comprehensive benefit plans and policies that are in compliance with government regulations and within budgetary constraints
- Develop and maintain a financial wellness strategy to provide employees with resources to manage their financial priorities and maximize their own wealth creation opportunities.
- Work with consultants, coordinate RFP’s, contract negotiations, and vendor selection of benefits programs. Manage relationships with vendors, consultants, and internal and external clients
- Assist with the development of employee communications regarding benefit programs, procedures, and disclosures
- Monitor programs to ensure compliance with internal guidelines and country regulatory requirements
- Communicate strategic objectives and program design with senior stakeholders
- Partner with HR Operations on risk mitigation strategy across Benefits to put in place controls and documentation processes to minimize associated risk and regularly highlight risks to senior leadership
- Partner with internal stakeholders including global counterparts, corporate strategy, legal, tax, procurement and communications to accomplish initiatives
- Oversee special projects that require integration between employee benefits and other HR priorities as well as merger and acquisition activity
- Oversee Americas budget; work with Total Rewards team to address questions, prepare budgets, and present analyses / reporting to senior stakeholders
- 8+ years of experience preferred working within a Human Resources Benefits function demonstrating expertise in financial benefits strategy, design, compliance and operation. Experience with health and personal well-being benefits also a plus
- Must possess knowledge of human resources operations in a global organization
- Superior understanding of the components of a benefits program as well as the ability to design and implement innovations within a collaborative environment
- Strong project management and organization skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to perform detailed analysis of problems and identify resolutions; understands when and how to escalate issues to manage risk
- Advanced computer literacy: Advanced Microsoft Office and Excel skills a requirement
- Results-oriented; successfully handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve his/her own performance, works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles or setbacks while maintaining quality of work
- Ability to develop relationships with people at all levels of the organization and a broad base of stakeholders
- Strong communication, presentation, and influencing skills and the ability to deliver exceptional client service
- Able to thrive in a global and/or virtual work environment where teams may be spread amongst multiple locations
- Ability to handle confidential information
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.