Director, IT Vendor Governance
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 19 Jun 18 2018-06-19
Director, IT Vendor Governance
S&P Global is seeking a Director of IT Governance to report to the Sr. Director of Technology Procurement and Vendor Management. This is a key IT Leadership Role overseeing an offshore team responsible for all aspects of 3rd Party Vendor Governance. A successful candidate will ensure the delivery of services and goods is effective and within defined boundaries, oversee vendor and SPGI deliverables, and ensure maximum benefit is realized from 3rd party services. The role has significant interactions with all key leaders in the SPGI organization as well as key executives in the supplier organizations. This role has significant impact and visibility to senior management and will support critical decision-making.
This role will be part of a dynamic team that manages all IT Business and Financial processes for the Digital Infrastructure organization.
This position is based in New York, New York.
- Serve as the Vendor Governance lead for major contracts with vendors responsible for Managed Hosting Services, Datacenter Services, Telecom, Cloud Services, and Utility Compute
- Develop processes and matrixed organizational capability to execute the vendor management charter
- Lead an offshore vendor team responsible for all aspects of Supplier Management
- Create and maintain the overall Relationship Management Matrix and serve as point of contact for escalations from the technical towers and Divisional Relationship Managers
- Manage daily, weekly and monthly meetings with technical leads, relationship managers, risk, compliance, and 3rd party vendors
- Manage quarterly steering committee to review vendor issue and resolutions
- Develop and maintain the process for change controls and project work
- Lead the Transformation and Innovation Councils prioritizing those services and tracking delivery and performance
- Ensure all invoicing and credits are processed appropriately
- Ensure SPGI Technical Teams are delivering on commitments to the vendor
- Provide transparency into the consumption and utilization of services from the vendor ensuring maximum benefit is realized
- Ensure that the fulfillment of all contract deliverables is tracked
- Conduct periodic supplier reviews/evaluations/audits that consider performance levels as well as the supplier relationship.
- Partner with Resource Management, Finance, and infrastructure teams and provide oversight for all performance metrics (SLA/KPI).
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Supplier Management, or related field is required. Master's degree (MBA) is preferred.
- CPM or CPSM certification is highly recommended.
- 10+ years' experience in business or IT operations, with supplier management experience.
- 6+ years' experience managing projects in a complex environment.
- 4+ years' experience building and leading a team.
- Effective strategy development and execution experience.
- Demonstrated program management experience including outsourcing contract management and technical asset management.
- Understanding of benchmarking and performance management processes and techniques.
- Ability to deal with vendors, suppliers, and contractors who provide technology services and goods.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a dynamic work environment
- Outstanding presentation and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with senior management
About S&P Global
At S&P Global, we don't give you intelligence-we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We're the world's foremost provider of ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include:
- S&P Global Ratings, which provides credit ratings, research and insights essential to driving growth and transparency.
- S&P Global Market Intelligence, which provides insights into companies, markets and data so that business and financial decisions can be made with conviction.
- S&P Dow Jones Indices, the world's largest resource for iconic and innovative indices, which helps investors pinpoint global opportunities.
- S&P Global Platts, which equips customers to identify and seize opportunities in energy and commodities, stimulating business growth and market transparency.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.