Director, Mobile Performance Analyst for Thought Leadership
Do you love mobile performance and imagining how the future of 5G and greater connectivity can transform daily life? Does the thought of having access to mountains of industry-best mobile performance data that you can explore for key insights and then marry to broader industry storylines sound appealing?
Are you looking for a role that gives you high public visibility and offers the chance to represent your company at events, in articles promoted across both industry and mainstream publications, and during client presentations?
If so, we'd love to talk.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing with overlap into the RF Engineering Team, the Principal Mobile Performance Analyst for Thought Leadership will be responsible for developing and implementing a framework for translating our detailed mobile performance metrics and RF data into compelling insights and content that promote RootMetrics and speak to broader industry trends our clients and consumers are facing.
The perfect analyst for this role is one who can look at mobile performance from a dual lens: 1) with technical acumen for understanding in-depth engineering data, plus 2) an eye for marketplace trends and news conversations that our data can contribute to. Insights and content must make RF engineering insights approachable and engaging to other experts, potential customers, and press.
In addition to creating strong and compelling content, this role includes serving as one of the key public-facing technical experts for the RootMetrics brand. You'll help develop global awareness for our positioning and products through regular participation in webinars, conferences/events, interviews with press, and by creating a constant stream of content the Marketing Team can leverage via social and PR promotion and the Sales team can use for furthering conversations with both current and prospective clients. Key Accountabilities
Knowledge and Skills
- Own and develop a continuous research and writing schedule to create and grow revenue-generating reports.
- Undertake primary and secondary research to generate analysis in support of our data, with a focus on market/industry changes, developments, trends, and risks and opportunities.
- Interact directly with clients to discuss briefings regarding research and data insights in support of sales opportunities and customer relationships.
- Maintain an "outside-in" perspective that looks for how broader industry trends connect with our internal data.
- Identify and target new contacts to develop industry network and customers.
- A comfort and willingness to informally call on senior contacts for updates etc.
- Partner with the sales team to generate new leads, progress existing leads, and support renewals.
- Be a recognized, "on the circuit" industry thought leader.
- Constantly explore our mobile performance data and lower-level metrics to locate compelling insights that benefit our customers and contribute to new sales conversations.
- Translate those insights into compelling content that can be used publicly across a variety of channels and formats to expand our brand presence.
- Enhance RootMetrics media relations outreach with an approach that helps generate maximum attention for RootMetrics as the industry leader for mobile performance insights.
- Interface effectively with all functions that support the development, sales, and support of RootMetrics products, including but not limited to Marketing, Sales, Product, and Data Analytics business leads.
- Strategize with business line leaders and other internal stakeholders to create and deliver content that advances RootMetrics marketing goals and contributes to business growth.
- Coordinate with the Head of Marketing to plan, develop, and implement a RootMetrics thought leadership strategy, including media relations and regular outreach with the Sales Team
- Elevate the RootMetrics market presence
- Strong background and proven record in the mobile performance space for creating and executing innovative content and sales material
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to independently write or edit customer-facing or external communications
- Demonstrated strong verbal communication and presentation skills
- Excellent project management skills and follow through
- Excellent analytical skills
- Proactive champion of ideas and strategic direction input and execution
- Proven, effective interpersonal skills, able to present information, influence decisions and work with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Strong experience working in a cross-functional matrix organization, including understanding of global/ regional/ country organizational dynamics
- 10 years relevant experience
- Degree in RF Engineering, Marketing, or related field, or equivalent work experience
- High degree of motivation and innovative spirit
- Effective communicator of technical, editorial, and business issues
- Occasional travel including overnight domestic or international trips may be required
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.