Director, North American Sales
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 20 May 18 2018-05-20
Director, North American Sales
The Role: The Americas Sales Director will lead and manage a team of sales professionals delivering value to Platts customers in North America. This position focuses on attaining and exceeding net-sales targets and customer experience metrics as established by management, accomplishing through developing and implementing effective sales strategy, guiding and motivating the sales team to optimal performance.
The Impact: You will develop a high performance team driving recruitment, training coaching and development of team members. This team will promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and presenting solutions and products meeting their needs. You will raise the credibility and effectiveness of the sales team by bringing to bear best practices in forecasting, activity management and account planning. You will be able to lead from the front and directly impact the future growth of the business.
The Team / The Business: The team is composed of experienced sales professionals. The business has a casual and friendly atmosphere with an entrepreneurial spirit. We value team work and it is crucial that you are a team player in order to be successful within our organization. As a sales Director you will be joining the Americas Sales Leadership team and will be supported by colleagues with diverse backgrounds and experience.
What's in it for you: You will have a direct impact on business generation and driving future growth. In doing so, you will get to help clients identify needs and solve problems utilizing our products and tools. You will create and nurture high level strategic relationships and promote thought leadership to customers. You will develop strategies and approaches for driving revenue growth for market specific sales segments.
Our Hiring Manager says: "We are looking for a high-performing Sales Director to help us meet our customer acquisition and revenue growth targets by focusing on understanding customer needs and keeping our company competitive and innovative. They will be a team player with an important role on the Americas Sales Leadership team bringing experience, coaching ability and drive to the table."
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working within one of the world's foremost commodity data, news & analytics providers you will manage a team of inside and outside sales professionals to meet or exceed the assigned net-sales goals, customer experience metrics and other objectives as may be defined in their compensation plan.
- Develop and execute territory sales strategy, which should include prospecting, qualifying, assessing needs, presenting products and closing new sales of Platts' products via face-to-face visits, phone and email, and working closely with marketing and our third-party channel partners to both new and existing customers.
- Ensure new business growth and deeper penetration of accounts within the region, and that each opportunity is relentlessly pursued, key business contacts are widely established, and business needs of customers are understood and met using consultative-sales techniques.
- Ensure the team maintains and improves customer satisfaction as measured by Platts' customer surveys and positive anecdotal feedback from clients. Develop and implement customer retention and customer experience strategy to minimize cancelation risks and maximize up-sell and cross-sell opportunities.
- Ensure close collaboration with internal teams, especially Product Management and Marketing to maximize revenue growth as well as with external channel partners to promote and grow our revenue.
- Manage and drive the creation and assignment of sales goals, business retention goals, compensation plans, and travel expense budgets for sales teams in your group.
- Establish best practices implementing our sales methodology and applying good judgment and disciple when forecasting and planning.
- Providing managerial direction, coaching and the additional sales skills and tools the team will need to achieve set targets. Ensuring the team is up to date and aware of key trends, responding to client and market demands with relevant products and services.
- Bachelor degree in business, commerce or related subjects
- Multiple years' experience in sales roles with at least 3-5 years managing sales into the energy, financial, or business-to-business markets, including P&L or similar financial responsibility. Must demonstrate achievement of exceeding company sales/financial goals in 80% of those years.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills as well as ability to articulate complex product information to sophisticated prospects and customers.
- Strong personal integrity and a confident and positive manner.
- Entrepreneurial mindset; demonstrates drive, initiative, energy and sense of urgency.
- Strong leadership, people management, team building and cross-functional collaboration skills essential.
- Strong organizational and time management skills coupled with the ability to embrace change.
- Demonstrated forecasting and pipeline management capabilities in the CRM environment required.
- Strong creative problem solving skills and the ability to negotiate and resolve conflict.
- Commodities and energy industry knowledge a plus.