Director, Vendor & Affiliate Performance Management
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 25 May 18 2018-05-25
Director, Vendor & Affiliate Performance Management
The Role: This role is central to S&P Global Ratings' efforts to optimize vendor & affiliate performance management, in particular by partnering with Vendor Managers and other stakeholders to set and maintain standards for monitoring key performance, risk and other indicators and reporting important deadlines and other data.
The Location: New York OR London
What We're Looking for:
- 15+ Years in the Financial Services Industry or similar professional work environment
- 5+ Years in Vendor Management, or similar, experience preferred
- 10+ Years of Management experience, preferred not required
- Knowledge of operating in a regulated entity
- First-class communication skills, including an ability to influence stakeholders across the organization, to speak effectively in small and large-group settings, and to write clearly in internal memos, presentations and e-mails and in formal letters to regulators
- Able to manage complexity, including in troubleshooting problems or in developing process or other solutions
- Very high attention to detail in a fast-paced work environment
- Flexible and accommodating work ethic in an ever-changing work schedule
- Partner closely with Vendor Managers and other key stakeholders to drive vendor & affiliate performance management across the S&P Global Ratings division
- Ensure consistent delivery of highly available and high quality services by creating, monitoring and enforcing Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and contractual performance objectives
- Report on and analyze SLAs/KPIs to drive vendor accountability and allow for continuous improvement of supplier relationships
- Lead periodic Business Reviews and other regular vendor meetings
- Track & report issues, contract deadlines and other metrics to help Vendor Managers maintain strong vendor/affiliate relationships and stay compliant with policy and procedure
- Manage key S&P Global Ratings vendors/affiliates
- You or a direct report will be the Vendor Manager for key Ratings-wide vendors/affiliates and new vendors or affiliates, as required
- Manage Statements of Work, Contracts and other documentation for these vendors / affiliates, as required
- Periodically recertify the Risk Assessments for these vendors/affiliates
- Fulfill the divisional vendor manager role for SPGI wide engagements, notably for the Orion (Global Talent Center) and IT Operations initiatives
- Monitor ongoing performance, including key performance, control, risk and financial indicators, measured against original Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Partner with Engagement Owners, where applicable, to optimize the relationship with the vendor or affiliate
- Capture vendor & affiliate data and report essential intelligence to senior managers
- Partner with the Compliance department to ensure non-employees meet Security Disclosure and access control requirements
- Work with stakeholders to register and maintain a database of non-employees within Ratings
- Strategy & planning: vendor & affiliate performance management
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop strategies to define, implement and maintain an optimal vendor and affiliate performance management model
- Respond to regulatory and other requests for information, as required
- Draft and/or review written responses to regulators, internal auditors and other requests for information on the Vendor Management Office
- Where required, formally represent S&P Global Ratings in regulatory and other interviews
- Chair ongoing working groups and/or oversight committees
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives and projects to help mature the vendor & affiliate operating model
- This position may manage a small team within the overall Vendor Management Office of S&P Global Ratings, with responsibility for all aspects of the team's management
About S&P Global Ratings:
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.