Director of Sales (Return to Work Program)
The Path Forward Return to Work program at IHS Markit is a 16- week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience
and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At IHS Markit, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who've been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
IHS Markit is looking for a Director of Sales to join our Processing Division which provides solutions for OTC derivatives, FX and syndicated loans. This is a senior appointment in IHS Markit's North American Sales Team with responsibility for the coverage and build out of key customer relationships across either regional / sell side banks or buy side institutions. Responsibilities:
- Generation of lead pipeline for new business and existing clients.
- Reporting of actual vs. budgeted sales on a regular basis.
- Maintain communication with accounts by being in regular contact with key users and build a position of trust, respect and openness with the view to generate new business across all IHS Markit product lines.
- Listen and identify the client's needs and feedback any cross selling opportunities to relevant product line Sales team.
- Proactively look for Sales referrals from existing accounts.
- Take ownership of client issues with the help of the data and Business Development teams.
- Maintain pipeline and generate management report (cold calls list, user list etc.) from Salesforce.
- Take responsibility for keeping IHS Markit products knowledge to a high standard for your defined product area and a referral standard for IHS Markit's other product lines and remain aware of any future development.
- Act as a point person for your allocated product providing understanding of clients, technical information, product characteristics, coaching Sales peers in terms of Sales USPs and pre sales questioning etc.
- Active participation in Sales Conferences/ Special Events sales collateral production, client entertainment; association memberships. It is expected that you will help drive these activities for their product line so as to maximize sales revenue and retention.
- 5+ years sales experience within financial markets
- Broad experience in financial markets, direct selling, account management and the ability to manage complex relationships.
- Must be able to cross sell IHS Markit's entire suite of products.
- Proven track record and have the ability to sell OTC products especially those with an FX focus.
- Must be able to manage senior level meetings.
- Ability to inspire and influence peers and colleagues across the firm through industry expertise and excellence in all aspects of communication and leadership.
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.