Director of Technology
As Director of Technology, you will work with various functions across S&P Global Platform to provide the technology solutions to the Platform components ensuring scalability, security, performance and availability. You will establish agreed-upon metrics and manage resources and skillsets to deliver value-added solutions to Divisions in partnership with the product and technology organizations. With the leadership team, you will work to develop, implement and champion the S&P Global Platform's capabilities and manage transformation efforts creating innovative strategies including use of various types of automation, analytics and other emerging technologies. Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Works with internal and external stakeholders to set goals to successfully execute the S&P Global Platform Tech strategy.
- Collaborate with the business to identify in-scope, critical business processes for Platform component lifecycle management.
- Develops and manages operational metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) aligned with business goals and strategic objectives.
- Communicates status and progress to key stakeholders, addresses issues and presents current and future expectations.
- Take a leadership role in software related projects.
- Utilize and implement strategic procedures and policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Evaluate design and development assuring accomplishment of technical and customer objectives.
- Develops high performance algorithms. Experienced development in paradigms strategic to the business such as content, machine learning or business intelligence.
- Monitor project plans and budge
- Partners with peers to operationalize and implement capabilities.
- Drives and executes delivery through Agile Scrum within your function and works with cross-organizational stakeholders to identify risks and mitigate them
- Focuses on continuous improvement by providing effective feedback to the team; creates action plans to this end
- Effectively prioritizes tasks and works toward strategic objectives
- Ability to solve routine to highly complex problems independently
- Exercise independent judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, or a related field.
- Ten 8+ years of Technology Development on multiple Technology stacks with Cloud experience. preferably in the financial services industry; or an appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Three (3) or more years of management/supervisory experience.
- J2EE Stack, .NET Stack, Angular/React, AWS/Azure, Dockers/Container Orchestration, DevOps
- Preferred: Big Data Technologies
- Master's/advanced degree in information technology or related field preferred.
Grade 13 (For internal purpose)
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.