E-trading Java Engineer
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Open Systems Technologies
- 30 Oct 17 2017-10-30
Our client, a leading worldwide investment bank is currently seeking an E-trading Java Engineer to join the North American Fixed Income E-Trading team. This is a front office facing e-trading technology role, with exposure to buy and build technology in a dynamic and expanding strategic area. This candidate must know how prices, executes and processes Fixed Income products on various expanding electronic platforms, and provide innovative technical solutions to new business problems.
- Assist in full development life cycle of analysis, design, implementation, testing, deployment and support of Fixed Income e-trading software.
- Design technology solutions on different scales
- Advise management and project managers on build or buy decisions - and will have autonomy to make these decisions within existing technical business context .
- Cut code to deliver enhanced etrading functionality across our suite of in-house components and applications
- Expert on integrating in-house applications to existing vendor technology (ION MarketView, Kdb, RMDS etc.)
- Produce documentation for other technologists, users and support
- Develop and unit test software application modules using disciplined software development processes including waterfall and agile.
- Fixed income products knowledge
- Knowledge of fixed income electronic markets
- Java - excellent core understanding and low-level programming experience
- Experience in optimizing/profiling, multithreading
- Test driven development
- Experience of low-latency, high throughput systems
- Python, C++, SQL, JSP, Unix Scripting
- ION Trading, RMDS, 29 West
- Business/technical analysis experience in a financial environment.