Electronic Trading Risk - Vice President
Electronic Trading Risk Management - Vice President
Morgan Stanley's Institutional Equity Division (IED) is a global leader in the origination, distribution and trading of equity securities. Our Equity Sales and Trading operations provide liquidity, distribute content and create innovative product solutions.
Electronic Trading Risk Management (ETRM) is a business-unit team, within IED Sales and Trading, responsible for risk management, product management, and solving strategic and real-time problems related to the electronic/systematic/algorithmic trading of cash equities and listed derivatives across all markets in the Americas. ETRM works closely with a diverse set of stakeholders including: Product Management, Traders, Client Coverage, Legal and Compliance, Technology, Operations, Desk Strategists, Quantitative Research, Clients and External Regulators.
This role requires a mix of technical skills, the ability to communicate with and navigate all levels and areas of the firm and a working knowledge of trading and market micro-structure.
ETRM's remit includes ownership of the following, any and all of which are expected to be areas of responsibility in this role:
• Design and implementation of innovative electronic trading control solutions, which includes enabling business development in a risk-controlled manner
• Providing electronic trading subject matter expertise and risk oversight as it relates to:
o Existing electronic trading product risk management coverage
o Algorithm development risk management
o New electronic trading product development
o Strategy and implementation of new sources of liquidity, both internal and external to Morgan Stanley
• Program management of large cross-IED electronic trading technology change initiatives
• Electronic trading regulatory inquiries and exchange audits
• Business unit ownership of front-office regulatory reporting product design, implementation and oversight
• The Global Limit Manager (GLM) system which provides pre-trade controls, owning the system and responsible for monitoring IED listed order flow through it on a real-time basis Qualifications:
The successful ETRM candidate has:
• Bachelor's degree with strong academic performance
• Preferred Major or Minor in Computer Science or Information Systems or similar technical field
• 5-10 years of relevant professional experience in Financial Services or Technology or related industry, preferably with direct exposure to trading and markets
• An ability to lead projects, drive change initiatives, and solve problems involving stakeholders across the organization with diverse skills and potentially conflicting objectives/requirements/agendas
• A passion for leading and owning fact-based data-driven analysis to identify and solve problems
• An understanding of and professional exposure to software development lifecycle methodologies
• A desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and unpredictable environment with a willingness to solve problems in real-time using a hands-on approach