As a member of the Digital Marketing team, the Digital Marketing Manager supports the initiatives of the department and the Manager to whom he or she reports. The Digital Marketing Manager (email) is a critical role to the success of Allianz Global Investors digital platforms and forward looking roadmap.
The AllianzGI Digital Marketing team is a small, nimble team of digital experts in marketing technology platforms including email, data, social, and web. All team members are hands-on and contribute to day-to-day workload.
The candidate will need to conceptualize and execute autonomously or facilitate decision-making with cross-organization teams. The candidate understands efficient and effective methods for digital experience and delivery and knows how to get projects to market.
They will consult on the success of current marketing efforts and present actionable insights in order to drive more effective marketing decisions as well as inform internal groups on implementation opportunities and future strategies for various digital marketing efforts.
Email Campaign Management
- Manage the workflow and the quality control for a small team of out-sourced email consultants (on-site and off-site).
- Manage multiple simultaneous email campaigns from start to finish, including planning, reviewing, setting up, launching, evaluating and factor learnings to optimize next set of campaigns.
- Perform methodical A/B & multivariate tests on email elements and landing pages to create qualified standards.
- Ensure email related information exchange across marketing (Acoustic (formerly Silverpop)) and sales (Salesforce) platforms is reliable and timely and resolve any integration issues as they arise. Collaborate with CRM, IT and Data Analytics teams as needed.
- Segment and query contact lists and personalize emails based on recipients' data, interests and needs.
- Partner with channel marketing teams to manage delivery of end-to-end, multi-touch, integrated campaigns across multiple digital channels.
- Deep understanding of campaign analytics to demonstrate effectiveness and share learnings.
- Understanding of user journeys and system logic to add and remove contacts based on one or many filter
- Help the maintain performance and governance of our email marketing platform, including functionality, user permissions, access, cross-team coverage and business continuity procedures.
Digital Marketing Strategy and Project Management
- Serve as business analyst for business requirements and technical needs for system enhancements, upgrades and deliverability.
- Collaborate with channel marketing teams to implement client-centric marketing programs and features onto multiple websites, client communications and other digital platforms.
- Research, stay up-to-date and present digital best practices and competitor offerings to stakeholders to keep digital top of mind.
- Define and collaborate with regional and global stakeholders around the integration of our digital platforms to develop a connected client journey.
- Define client data requirement for marketing activities. Develop collaboration and feedback process with CRM, analytics and sales teams.
- Develop data driven recommendations for sales and channel marketing teams to decipher trends in order to help better inform them there may have been a dip or increase in engagement.
- Manage short and long-term projects outside of standard day-to-day workflow.
- 6-10 years of experience in digital marketing environment with a focus on email campaigns and marketing automation. Had oversight of small team and/or responsible for the delivery of functional area.
- Expert in email marketing platforms and CRM with a preference Acoustic / Silverpop and Salesforce.
- Hands-on understanding of HTML and email templates.
- Expert in marketing automation and client digital journey mapping.
- Ability to delegate and monitor work to execute projects and ensure quality throughout delivery.
- A preference for an Asset / Wealth Management background especially an understanding of sales and distribution.
- Must have a holistic view of the marketing lifecycle – Strategy ->Creation -> Distribution -> Measurement.
- Able to manage multiple projects at once and prioritize them. Must meet deadlines and successfully execute assigned tasks.
- Actively participates or leads in a multi-discipline project teams.
- Excellent verbal communication skills – the candidate will communicate directly with internal stakeholders on project status and raise any issues that might come up.
- Ability to work in a self-directed team environment, utilizing strong collaboration and interpersonal skills.