Energy Credit Risk Manager
- Competitive Base & Bonus
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Ashton Lane Group
- 15 Dec 17 2017-12-15
Senior position supporting the energy trading credit coverage for a global investment manager
- Responsible for managing credit services provided to support natural gas, power, NGL refined products, financial derivatives and crude oil trading activities
- Monitored and enforced counterparties trading limits, communicated with traders, approved exceptions, and resolved exposure issues.
- Develop and implement credit rating models to evaluate credit worthiness and establish trading limits for entities without public ratings
- Negotiate ISDA, NAESB, EEI, loan documents and master trading agreements.
- Create and develop Internal Scoring Model and various credit risk management tools
- Monitor major market trends and regulatory/legislative changes in energy and trading
- Keep abreast of current energy industry and counterparty issues/risks to evaluate potential impact on creditworthiness and to take appropriate actions as necessary to minimize credit risk.
- Plan, organize and liaise with IT on the implementation of projects related to the credit risk management system
- Participate in weekly and monthly Risk Management Committees and Trading Strategy
- 7+ years of energy sector credit risk experience with a significant U.S. or international commodities firm
- Excellent knowledge of Credit risk protocols for both financial and physical commodity trading portfolio, including, electricity (spark-spread), natural gas, natural gas liquids, LNG, oil, ethanol, and base metals
- Broad exposure with all ISDA, EEI, NAESB loan documents and master trading agreements.
- Formal credit training
- Superior written and verbal communication skills; quantitative orientation and critical thinking
- Masters/Bachelor’s degree
For immediate consideration, please forward resume and contact details to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ashton Lane Group is a boutique executive recruitment firm serving the Banking, Insurance, and Alternative Investment sectors. For the latest opportunities, visit www.AshtonLaneGroup.com
Ashton Lane Group® “A trusted advisor throughout your career”