Energy Futures Broker, USA
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- Redstone Commodity Search
- 23 Sep 18 2018-09-23
Energy Futures Broker, USA
Job Reference: RS0295B
Job Title: Energy Futures Broker, USA
Location: US & Canada
Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today's volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are running an exciting opportunity for successful brokers with a book of business who are looking to add value and revenue to their current client base with value added services that our brokerage client offers. Our client is coming off the back of a record breaking year on their listed institutional clearing and execution business in the US and are looking to expand their market leading team across all commodity and fixed income classes. This opportunity suits a leading broker/sales trader who is looking for an upside with a leading shop.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- Responsible for selling and executing commodity futures and options/exchange listed contracts to new and existing clients before passing on to clearing firms (ClearPort, ICE Block)
- Manage the institutional accounts providing technical and fundamental analysis as well as order execution while focussing on customer satisfaction
- Establish strong business relationships with new, additional clearing and execution facilities for natural gas, heating oil, gasoil, and crude options as well as gasoline futures (RBOB)
- Recommend and market the firm's services to existing and new clients while taking into consideration market changes within the energy space
- Reports into Managing Director
Key Qualifications / Experience
- Hold a Series 3 license with at least three years' experience in commodity futures and options execution, preferably in energy with a focus on physical and financial fuel grades as well as power markets (experience with nat gas options, heating oil options (HOF), gasoil options, crude options, gasoline futures (RBOB) is an advantage)
- Must have an existing transferable book of business in exchange traded options / futures (EFTs) with an annual revenue/P&L exceeding US$300k.
- Strong knowledge of the futures industry concentrating on commodity futures and options with excellent sales and analytical skills
- Degree in Finance, Business, Economics, Mathematics or other relevant course
- Located in either New York, Chicago, Miami or Houston or happy to relocate to one of these cities