Engineering Team Lead - Vault Surveillance Engine
You've seen the headlines. Financial firms are fined millions of dollars when just one employee does something they shouldn't. It can be as serious as insider trading or as seemingly innocent as an inappropriate instant message. Keeping track of who is saying, doing, and trading what is a pretty daunting task for compliance officers, especially with the explosion in the volume and variety of data produced by communications platforms.
Over 1,000 organizations use Vault to manage, archive, and search a broad range of enterprise communications and collaboration data, including email, instant message (IM), mobile, files and documents, voice data and social media. Our multi-tenant cloud processes 300 million messages daily and stores about 90 billion archived objects!
Bloomberg's Surveillance Platform is a mission critical product used by key risk owners and compliance officers globally to meet the strict regulatory requirements in the financial world. At its core is a policy-driven engine capable of evaluating communications content and metadata in real-time, which produces violation events and customized reports. Officers use the web application to set up preventative policies (e.g. anti-money laundering, bribery, etc.) and information barrier policies appropriate to groups of users within their organization.
You will lead a team of software engineers responsible for the Surveillance real-time policy engine and all capture systems for live traffic from Bloomberg Terminal communications and ingested third party content (emails, instant messages, social media feed, etc). You will partner with the product managers and engineering managers to define the roadmap for your team while being primarily responsible for quality of execution as part of the Surveillance business. You'll need to have:
We'd love to see
- Experience leading Agile software engineering team responsible for large production systems
- Proficiency in Java or Scala, and shell scripting to provide stringent code reviews
- Deep understanding of metrics and monitoring ecosystems
- Track record building data processing pipeline for critical business products
- Proficient in communicating deep technical domains with business and other engineering teams
- Domain knowledge in electronic communication platforms and data model
- Track record of improving developer experience pushing Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
If this sounds like something you would be passionate about apply! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.