Enterprise Data - Research Data Product Manager
Bloomberg's Enterprise Data business continues to be a market leader when it comes to providing enterprise content for the financial services industry. Our offering includes best-in-class enterprise data, and data delivery via a fully managed platform. Our committed customer base appreciates the quality of our content, completeness of our coverage, data delivery, technology, tools and high touch client service model. Research Data Team:
Our research data solutions complement our award winning reference, pricing and alternative data products in bringing together a complete product suite that creates a compelling value proposition to research analysts across traditional fundamental analysis as well as quantitative and quantamental research. This business is core to our growth strategy across Enterprise Data and our ambition is to continue servicing the most complex demands and challenges of our clients so that they can keep innovating and delivering value to their clients.
Our research data team is responsible for identifying, creating and designing data solutions that leverage Bloomberg's proprietary analytics and industry-leading data for the fundamental and quantitative investment community. This requires an in-depth understanding of the data supply chain, from data sourcing and processing to the delivery of that data to our client's database and front-end applications. Key to this is understand the multi-dimensional challenges our clients are trying to solve and making sure that we remain their trusted partner as they work with us to build solutions driven by best-in-class data. The Role:
We are looking for an experienced data and investment professional that has a deep understanding of the multiple use cases for enterprise content including quantitative and quantamental research across multiple investment and risk management strategies.
You are passionate, creative and curious in solving the complex challenges clients face when they access, ingest, use and ultimately make decisions around our content.
You will be responsible for documenting our target client challenges and unmet needs, and then design, prioritize and execute a strategy and product rollout in collaboration with your different stakeholders. This will include defining product level and overall go-to-market and success metrics.
You are current on major trends driving data delivery, storage, usage, linkage and interoperability driven by shifts in market structure, technology and infrastructure themes that continue to evolve to disrupt traditional thinking and drive the many use cases for enterprise data. We will trust you to:
You will need to have:
- Develop a deep understanding of our enterprise offering when it comes to our content as well as the accessibility, usability, quality, tools and services available to clients that allow them to deepen their interaction and usage of our content
- Develop a strong relationship with a core group of clients that will partner with us to expand our understanding of their key challenges and evolve our offering through ongoing dialogue and experimentation to systematically solve their challenges
- Define and articulate clear strategies, goals and initiatives that drive predefined and clearly articulated business outcomes
- Challenge the status quo, innovate and work to build strong relationships both internally and externally that help to develop our collective understanding when it comes to themes that are driving change from fundamental to quantitative research
- Liaise, collaborate and engage with multiple core and extended stakeholders to expand our existing offering and develop new content and data management solutions that keep us at the forefront of the exciting space
- Display strong product management skills and effectively manage data product specification, prioritization, and backlog by continually addressing business needs through an agile process
- Set, track and review metrics for desired product outcomes and clearly communicate product vision, roadmap, and development status and execute through collaboration with global data specialists, sales, engineers and support organization
Does this sound like you?
- A strong track record and be able to demonstrate your deep understanding around how our most sophisticated clients access, consume and optimize around their data as well as the process they go through to identify, consume, validate and link data together to solve their most immediate challenges and identify opportunities
- Good understanding of the data science techniques and platforms that our clients are either building or leveraging to extract value from big data
- Detailed knowledge of the drivers behind company performance and the types of data firms are using, and how they are linking these datasets together, to create an edge in an increasingly competitive market
- Excellent understanding of financial products as well as a strong understanding of different investment and fund management strategies across large bank buy side divisions, asset and fund managers
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and technical skills
- Proficiency in Python or similar programming languages typically used in data science and data engineering
- Experience with agile and working with multiple stakeholders to get things to done
- Strong communication skills with an ability to distill complex topics and challenges into an easy to understand message
- Experience managing and prioritizing multiple deliverables and backlogs
Apply if you think you're a match! We'll be in touch right away with next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.