Enterprise Research Data Product Manager
Bloomberg's Enterprise Data business continues to be a market leader when it comes to providing enterprise content for the financial services industry. Our offering includes best-in-class enterprise data, and data delivery via a fully managed platform. Our committed customer base appreciates the quality of our content, completeness of our coverage, data delivery, technology, tools, and high touch client service model. Research Data Team:
Our research data solutions complement our award-winning reference, pricing and alternative data products in bringing together a complete product suite that creates a compelling value proposition to research analysts across traditional fundamental analysis as well as systematic research in equities. This business is core to our growth strategy across Enterprise Data and our ambition is to continue servicing the most complex demands and challenges of our clients so that they can keep innovating and delivering value to their clients.
Our research data team is responsible for identifying, creating, and designing data solutions that leverage Bloomberg's proprietary data. This includes industry leading company supply chain and geolocation-based data and models. We are expanding the team to ensure we provide best of breed solutions to increase clients' increasing needs to leverage this data for ESG insights. The Role:
We are looking for an exceptional Product Manager to define how we make research content smarter within the largest marketplace for investor research.
You are curious, creative and passionate in solving the complex challenges clients face when they access, ingest, use and ultimately make decisions around our research content. You will be responsible for documenting our target client challenges and unmet needs, and then design, prioritize and execute a strategy and product rollout in collaboration with your different stakeholders. This will include defining product level and overall go-to-market and success metrics.
You are current on major investment trends within the financial industry that continue to evolve and disrupt traditional thinking in particular as it relates to new ESG related investment trends. We will trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Define and articulate clear strategies, goals and initiatives that drive predefined and clearly articulated business outcomes for the Supply chain and physical asset data products
- Display product management skills and effectively manage data product specification, prioritization, and backlog by continually addressing business needs through an agile process
- Partner with Engineering, Support organization and Data operations to ensure deliverables are well understood, and align with the overall business goals
- Work with Marketing and Sales to promote and attain our desired business outcomes
- Develop a strong relationship with a core group of clients that will partner with us to expand our understanding of their key challenges and evolve our offering through ongoing dialogue and experimentation to systematically solve their challenges
- Have a deep understanding of our enterprise offering when it comes to our fundamentals content as well as the accessibility, usability, quality, tools and services available to clients that allow them to deepen their interaction and usage of our content
Does this sound like you?
- Understanding around how our clients access, consume and optimize around their data as well as the process they go through to identify, consume, validate and link data together to solve their most immediate challenges and identify opportunities
- Understand data science techniques and platforms that our clients are either building or leveraging to extract value from big data
- Show domain expertise on key Fundamental drivers behind company performance and the types of Fundamental data firms are using
- Demonstrate proficiency in Python or similar programming languages typically used in data science and data engineering
- Experience with agile and working with multiple stakeholders to get things to done
- Demonstrate strong communication skills with an ability to distill complex topics and challenges into an easy to understand message
Apply if you think you're a match! We'll be in touch right away with next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.