Enterprise Technology Services Representative
Due to significant business growth, our team is expanding! In capital markets, buy-side and sell-side professionals strive to achieve automation across multiple asset classes by building strong and secure connections to Bloomberg. Our Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) team is responsible for ensuring connectivity stability and reliability of virtually all Bloomberg Enterprise products. We also build custom integration solutions for clients who require a managed service.
Financial firms rely on dozens of critical systems to develop and execute strategies, evaluate risk, monitor P&L, manage sales and trading, and handle settlement. The constant challenge is the complexity of integrating these systems so that data moves correctly across the enterprise, at higher speeds and lower costs. Building solutions in-house can take a large team and a larger investment. Integrators and consultants may not understand a firm's business model or data. That's where we come in.
Within Enterprise Technology, we help firms manage that complexity. Providing common tools, services and expertise, we enable firms to simplify technology management. This ultimately drives lower total cost of ownership, faster time to market and improved transparency. With our track record in delivering hosted solutions and our understanding of Capital Markets, we believe we are uniquely positioned to help clients with integration challenges. What's the role?
As an Enterprise Technology Service Representative, you're vital in maintaining technological stability and mitigating financial risk for our clients across their Bloomberg solutions and products. You will join our tight-knit team, providing technical application support and integration assistance, we will be a trusted authority for troubleshooting, resolving and "owning" issues impacting the businesses we support and our clients directly. You will be handling inquiries supporting a large variety of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) workflows between Bloomberg and Client systems.You will interact with clients who code against various Bloomberg specifications. You'll be handling inquiries about our custom integrations and connectivity via multiple methodologies, including SWIFT, FIX, XML, SFTP, MQ, and Web APIs.
You will be asked to establish and develop trusted partnerships with a subset of clients and provide technical application support and integration assistance to those customers. Ensuring their technical connections and workflows are reliable and stable will be your primary objective.
Additionally, you will help to drive the direction of our products by collaborating closely with Business Managers, Product Managers and Engineers based on client feedback, market research and conditions. Who You are:
You come to work with a purpose, passionate about technology and offering our clients an excellent experience. Someone that is naturally curious, a strong problem solver and someone who is willing to take on new challenges and thrive with change. You love being a great teammate and someone clients can count on every day. We encourage you to challenge the status quo and support your colleagues to innovate, learn and deliver the best service possible. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Provide an outstanding level of production support to our client base
- Demonstrate proactivity and ownership of client reported issues and projects
- Analyze and troubleshoot issues related to our enterprise product suite and examine their root cause and offer a solution in a timely manner, working directly with customers and internal stakeholders across functions
- Work closely with our clients and our internal product, trade-desk, and engineering groups to facilitate speedy resolution to issues
- Tailor your communication according to the client audience for both technical and non-technical users, including objection handling
- Examine root cause statistics for trends in production issues, partnering with clients to ensure preventative measures are implemented following best practices
- Understand and communicate technology roadmaps to clients so there is both transparency and alignment between our organizations
We'd love to see (pluses):
- A positive attitude, focusing on teamwork.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- 2+ years prior experience working in similar electronic trading application or OMS application support roles
- An understanding of the financial markets, and financial asset classes / products
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, work with a sense of urgency, multi-task, and effectively prioritize work within a dynamic changing environment.
- Demonstrated history of solving complex problems with a keen eye for detail and strong analytical mindset
- Interest and aptitude in technology with a basic understanding of connectivity and automation
Does this sound like you?
- A Computer Science or Technology related degree or equivalent work experience
- Bilingual (Spanish and English)
- Working knowledge of Message Protocols including: FIX, SFTP, or MQ is highly preferable
- Familiarity with networks and connectivity troubleshooting (LAN/WAN, TCP/IP)
- Exposure to programming / scripting languages or with SQL or transactional databases
- Willingness to travel
- Exposure to Broker/Dealers, Exchanges, Hedge Funds and Regulatory Reporting requirements
- Experience in Linux and/or UNIX operating systems and commands
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.