Eqs Prime Services Strats-Credit Financing - Stock Loans Strats
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB What We Do
Our global Strat team is a fundamental part of the Prime Brokerage and Clearing Services groups under the Prime Services umbrella within the Securities Division. We drive major business decisions and run business critical systems in the following areas:
- STOCK LOAN & FUNDING
- Our stock loan funding strats work side by side with the securities lending desk in conducting transactions and managing risk. In this entrepreneurial role, we build and maintain real-time and scalable trading, pricing, risk, inventory management and funding platforms.
- CLIENT ANALYTICS
- Our client analytics strats are in charge of developing external and internal client performance metrics across various dimensions of the Prime Brokerage Business. These metrics are heavily relied on by senior management and drive many discussions between clients, sales, and strats to identify the best ways we can serve our clients' needs.
- Our risk strats together with risk managers are responsible for developing and maintaining stress tests across asset classes and modelling of margin methodology and calculation of margin requirements. These state-of-the art models allow us to offer a wide range of financing solutions and risk-management models to help clients operate reliable in a variety of market conditions.
While organized in different teams and locations, we pride ourselves in our teamwork across the globe and teams to find solutions that help our business thrive around the world. Our team members have a wide variety of quantitative academic and cultural backgrounds. This diversity helps us to find innovative solutions for our complex business problems. Who We Are
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global Strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Your Impact
If you are looking for a high impact position allowing you to fully leverage your strong quantitative and communication skills, then our stock loan strats team is the ideal opportunity for you.
You will work closely with prime brokerage traders, global stock loan and funding strats team. You will partner with colleagues across the Securities Division and the Finance Division. You will enjoy a widely scoped role that rewards multi-tasking, initiative and strong execution. You will not only have a direct impact on key revenue stream in Prime Services business but also have the chance to realize additional revenue opportunities. Key responsibilities
Key responsibilities will include developing models and analytics for Credit Prime Brokerage initiative. The initiative covers front to back engineering of securities lending trading, P&L analytics and risk management for Credit products; building tools for traders and senior management to visualize analytics and action opportunities in order to improve Credit Prime Brokerage returns. You will also contribute towards developing models to evaluate cost of inventory and financing, building and maintaining securities lending trading, p&l and risk management platform; inventory optimizations performed by broader stock loan strats team for equities. Who We Look For Basic Qualifications
- Strong academic in a relevant field - Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science or Physics, including a quantitative understanding of statistics and probability
- Strong programming in C, C++, Java, Python or equivalent language
- Ability to work as part of a global team and deliver results quickly
- Comfortable working on multiple projects, demonstrating initiative and showing commercial impact
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Knowledge of Financial Mathematics a plus
- Equities market experience
- 1 or more years of programming experience
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity