Equities EMS Product Manager
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Jul 18 2018-07-17
Equities EMS Product Manager
Bloomberg's Execution Management Systems (EMS) are used by trading desks to manage their daily trading workflows in Fixed Income, Equities, FX, Derivatives and Futures. Bloomberg's EMS products include EMSX, TSOX and FXEM. Our EMS presents traders with the tools to view orders staged from an OMS, monitor available pricing, route orders out to the market, receive fill information and initiate post-trade services to facilitate straight-through-processing. Coupled with pre-trade decision-making tools, alerting, integrated compliance rules and post trade services, EMSX, TSOX and FXEM provide traders with a powerful end-to-end EMS platform.
What's the role?
As a member of the Bloomberg Execution Management System product management team, you'll be responsible for helping to execute against and craft the product strategy, with a specific focus in Equities. The delivery of product improvements must drive new adoption of our systems and increase the stickiness to existing users in order to position our products as the central hub that traders use for trading. The business looks at critical workflows which, include the staging of orders into our EMS, the provision of information discovery to a trader to improve his/her trading experience, the enrichment of execution styles/workflows available to the trader and the processing of transactions once a trade is executed.
You will be responsible for setting the short and long term strategy in normalizing all front and back end services to accommodate equities into common EMS services to not only standardize and streamline trader experience but also increase engineering efficiency and increase scalability of services used by different EMSs.
In addition, you will be responsible for enriching our EMS system with additional trading workflows and analytics which provide the traders with best tools to best execute their securities. You will work closely with engineering and many other business teams to integrate analytical tools, connectivity, trade automation, etc.
You will be expected to come up with ideas from inception, project manage the build out and roll-out of the product, serve as a trainer-of-trainers and generate resources that others can use to effectively deploy/sell/upsell our EMS products. In your interactions with engineering, you will motivate staff to improve productivity/pride-in-product and contribute to a climate of esprit de corps.
We'll trust you to:
- Work closely with market players to generate ideas for improving our EMS systems
- Generate business requirements specifications that will be used by software engineers to develop a superior product to achieve our EMS strategic objectives
- Coordinate across Bloomberg with product/engineering/QA/OPS teams as necessary to achieve on target delivery of product
- Interact with clients to validate demand, verify the accuracy of the planned workflow, promote adoption of the completed product and provide training tools/documentation to drive successful use
- Drive accountability with sales resources to ensure that the initial product demand is matched with product adoption
- Ensure user/super-user growth targets are met or exceeded as a measure of personal and departmental success
You'll need to have:
- In-depth understanding of the Equity, Futures and Options markets.
- Solid project management, product development or specialist sales experience in Financial Services/Technology with a specialty in Equities
- In-depth understanding of buy-side workflows including the relationship between an order management system (OMS) and an execution management system (EMS); demonstrable knowledge of trading workflows
- Business understanding of the use of application programming interfaces/standards, combined with understanding of financial lingo/terminology/definitions of Equities instruments
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to connect multiple threads of work
We'd love to see:
- Strong interpersonal skills; somebody everyone would enjoy working alongside; somebody who inspires others to want to do a better job
- Additional knowledge in Fixed Income, Derivatives and FX would be helpful.
- Examples where you have been flexible and adapted to changing/evolving objectives or have risen to the challenge to meet compressed delivery cycles
- Strong communication skills and personal organizational processes
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.