As a Barclays Equities Quant Execution Consultant, you will be responsible for research, development and management of business logic for electronic trading products, portfolio analytics and client customization activities. On the execution side, this research covers execution algorithms, smart order routing, and dark liquidity crossing networks. Our portfolio analytics platform includes quantitative diagnostics, risk analysis, optimization and the development of execution strategies.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
- Understanding and documenting the workflow for the target clients
- Working with sales and clients to assist the right product settings for the right trading objectives
- Managing the relationship with performance sensitive clients by ensuring that the trading logic is providing optimal and cost-effective execution
- Designing and tuning algorithmic trading strategies to improve performance and/or P&L
- Conducting microstructure analysis to ensure algorithms are fit for the specified markets
- Running and enhancing the post trade analytics to affirm trading algorithms are following best execution
- Running adhoc analysis and research for custom client queries in Python or Q
- Engaging in client consultancy, product development, analytics support and production of high quality content for client and trader education
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor, Masters or Ph.D in a quantitative discipline such as Financial Engineering, Maths, Finance, Econometrics, Computer Science, Statistics, Machine Learning, Physics
- Extensive practical knowledge of statistical methodologies and experience with equity trading algorithms
- Working knowledge of market microstructure for US markets
- Working knowledge of programming languages - Python or Q and experience with handling/analyzing large amounts of tick data
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven stakeholder management skills
- Familiarity with algorithmic trading strategies
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.