As a Barclays Equities Quant Researcher – Market Structure, you will become part of the Execution Research and Consulting team. You will be producing market microstructure content and engage in client execution consulting. Together with your new team, which sits within the wider Statistical Modelling & Development team, you will have the opportunity to participate in the research, development and management of business logic for electronic trading products, analytics and client customization activities.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
- Driving new market microstructure content from idea generation to delivery
- Authoring commentary, including internal updates in addition to white papers
- Engaging with clients to improve their execution quality and conduct bespoke analysis
- Working with sales and clients to assist the right product settings for the right trading objectives
- Assisting in designing and tuning algorithmic trading strategies to improve performance
- Representing the Barclays brand and participating on panels at industry event
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD. in either Financial Engineering, Mathematics, Finance, Econometrics, Computer Science, Statistics, Machine Learning, or Physics
- Extensive practical knowledge of statistical methodologies and experience with equity trading algorithms
- Working knowledge of market microstructure for US markets
- Working knowledge of programming languages - Python or Q and experience with handling/ analyzing large amounts of tick data
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven stakeholder management skills
- Familiarity with algorithmic trading strategies
Where will you be working
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.