Equities Tech - Core Platform - VP
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs USA
- 20 Sep 18 2018-09-20
Equities Tech - Core Platform - VP
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB What We Do
Securities Strats play important roles in several areas. Some Strats sit on trading desks, creating cutting-edge derivative pricing models and developing empirical models to provide insight into market behavior. Others develop automated trading algorithms for the firm and its clients, taking an active part in the increasing shift from voice to electronic trading. A third group works directly with the firm's sales force and clients, analyzing exposures, structuring transactions, and applying quantitative concepts to meet client needs. Between these teams, Core Strats design and develop complex parallel computing architectures, electronic trading tools, and advanced algorithms.
The Electronic Trading Platform Strats team develops the software platforms that underpin electronic trading multiple asset classes at GS globally, using domain knowledge to build innovative solutions powered by cutting edge technologies. These platforms use industry standard and proprietary protocols and architectures to process hundreds of thousands of messages per second in microseconds each. This is the foundation of algorithmic trading, smart order routing, and direct market access services that are used by clients including institutional clients, quantitative traders, broker dealers, GS's own desks, and more. Applications built on these platforms are deterministic, reliable, and fault-tolerant. . As stewards of critical components in order execution, the team is accountable for a high degree of software quality. The team consists of self-guided pragmatic individuals who are motivated to change the status quo in calculated ways.
You will be working on a team focused on writing the next generation electronic trading platform. While doing that, you will interact with strats and traders across the globe to understand the requirements and use your engineering skills to architect solutions to cater to the requirements. The platform you develop will be used across multiple asset classes globally. You will use your engineering skills to build flexible, scalable and robust platform where every microsecond of performance counts.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Responsibilities
- Design, build and maintain a high-performance, high-availability, high-capacity, yet nimble and adaptive platform for order management, exchange connectivity, smart order routing and internalization.
- Use data to guide decision-making, developing or enhancing tools as necessary to collect it.
- Understand North American market rules, regulations, exchange service offerings and implement changes to these on an on-going basis.
- Communication with traders, sales, clients and compliance officers about new feature requests, explanation of existing features etc.
Goldman Sachs' Strats business unit is a world leader in developing quantitative and technological solutions to solve complex business problems. Working within the firm's trading, sales, banking and investment management divisions, strats use their mathematical and scientific training to create financial products, advise clients on transactions, measure risk, and identify market opportunities.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in computer science or engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience building Java-based systems with strict requirements for low-latency (microseconds count) and deterministic performance.
- Experience in data driven performance analysis and optimizations.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms and design patterns
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Linux systems programming experience including memory management, concurrent programming infrastructure, and the networking stack
- Distributed server software experience
- Off-heap memory management
- JVM internals, tuning for low-latency
- Hardware stack and hardware architecture from a latency perspective
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global Strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.