Equity Research - Biotech Data Science Associate
Morgan Stanley Investment Research is uniquely committed to being an essential part of our clients' investment process. We strive to be the sell-side research provider that best understands the buy side. Through relevant and timely conversations with leading investors, we focus resources on risk-reward essentials: identifying the investor debates, assessing the potential outcomes, and uncovering the evidence our clients need to validate their investment decisions. Our equity analysts cover some 3,000 stocks; our economists, strategists and fixed income analysts cover all major regions and other asset classes around the globe. Equity Research
The Equity Research department is responsible for researching macroeconomic and microeconomic conditions, along with company fundamentals. It also collects and analyses financial information to make investment recommendations on stocks in specific sectors. Research analysts build financial models to explore alternative scenarios, examine industries and communicate with companies and investors. Equity Research team members discuss their analysis and investment recommendations in research notes. A career in investment research at Morgan Stanley demands a commitment to excellence and a passion for the markets as well as the highest level of integrity.
We are currently seeking an Associate
to join our Biotech team
• Creation and maintenance of earnings, valuation and industry models leveraging skills in accounting, finance and economics
• Assist in writing research reports for initiations of coverage, analysis of data, earnings results, and industry news.
• Interest in and ability to leverage all available resources to create differentiated content for writing research reports (company-specific or industry)
• Interact with institutional investors, responding to requests for models, reports and data analysis.
• Keep abreast of industry-related news flow. Analyze implications of news/industry developments to companies under coverage.
• Develop and maintain relationships with investor relations personnel and management of companies under coverage
• Conduct industry diligence and primary research through surveys, expert conference calls, and various channel checks to evaluate industry trends.
• Assist internal sales and trading teams in the timely analysis of breaking news in the sector
LI -175056363_CE1 Qualifications:
The ideal candidate should have most or all of following qualifications:
• A degree (undergraduate or graduate) in an area of Biology is a must
• Demonstrated use of computer programming languages such as SAS, R, Python is a must
• 1 to 3 years of professional work experience, will also consider graduating graduate and PhD candidates in the above listed fields
• Experience working for/with a large biotech or pharma company is a plus
• A genuine i nterest in a career in finance and/or equity research