Equity Research - Healthcare Services Analyst / Associate
Morgan Stanley Investment Research is uniquely committed to being an essential part of our clients' investment process. We strive to be the sell-side research provider that best understands the buy side. Through relevant and timely conversations with leading investors, we focus resources on risk-reward essentials: identifying the investor debates, assessing the potential outcomes, and uncovering the evidence our clients need to validate their investment decisions. Our equity analysts cover some 3,000 stocks; our economists, strategists and fixed income analysts cover all major regions and other asset classes around the globe. Equity Research
The Equity Research department is responsible for researching macroeconomic and microeconomic conditions, along with company fundamentals. It also collects and analyses financial information to make investment recommendations on stocks in specific sectors. Research analysts build financial models to explore alternative scenarios, examine industries and communicate with companies and investors. Equity Research team members discuss their analysis and investment recommendations in research notes. A career in investment research at Morgan Stanley demands a commitment to excellence and a passion for the markets as well as the highest level of integrity.
Morgan Stanley's II-ranked Healthcare Services team is looking to add a high-performing Analyst-level
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Financial modeling and writing in-depth research reports for companies under coverage
- Collaborate with teammates within healthcare, tech, retail, and REITs groups to produce differentiated reports
- Develop and maintain relationships with company management teams
- Communicate effectively with investors, internal sales and trading teams
- Leverage industry data sets and alternative sources of information to construct a comprehensive view of the managed care sector
- Conduct industry diligence and primary research through surveys, expert conference calls, and various channel checks to evaluate industry trends. Qualifications:
Must Have Requirements:
- A minimum of 2-5 years of experience in Equity Research, Investment Banking, or M&A. Sell-side or industry experience in Healthcare sectors is a plus.
- Intellectual curiosity, a passion for the healthcare industry, and an appetite for news. Interest in Healthcare legislation, politics, and trends within both the public and private spheres of investment are welcome
- Meeting deadlines, being a team player, and thriving under pressure
- CFA is a plus