Executive Director, Index Research and Design
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- IHS Markit ..
- 17 May 18 2018-05-17
IHS Markit is looking for an experienced professional to join the Index Research & Design team. The role is to drive the development of new indices within Markit. This client facing role will encompass the full lifecycle of index development and suit an individual who is highly analytical, creative and possesses an attention to detail. The individual will be part of a team that creates intellectual capital for IHS Markit and have ownership and responsibility of the index design and research process:
Duties & accountabilities
- Development of new benchmark and tradable bond indices in conjunction with key index stakeholders.
- Undertake analysis of markets and data collection, researching and developing new index methodologies.
- Extensive modelling of index methodologies in order to produce index constituent list and weights, and to back-test results.
- Attend client meetings and conference calls with salespeople to present the current thoughts and ideas of Markit Indices and to understand and manage client requirements.
- Able to deliver complex projects involving sales, product specialist and implementation teams.
- Write index specification and monthly research report around existing Markit Indices.
- Develop calculation prototypes and test cases for new indices; perform test calculations and reconciliation of the results with clients.
- Project management: being able to deliver complex projects involving sales, product specialist and implementation teams