Experience Designer - Commercial Bank Design Center of Excellence - New York, NY
Join an innovative,design-led transformation team and help us reimagine the experience of ourcustomers while creating impactful changes to the organization.
We are looking for a creative and resourceful ExperienceDesigner with strong research and interaction design skills to join ourCommercial Bank Design Center of Excellence. As the ideal candidate, you use designresearch and systems-thinking to look beyond point solutions; you leveragedesign tools and methods, like journey maps and interaction flows, to bringclarity to project teams and stakeholders; and you are a self-starter,comfortable working with shifting directives and ambiguity.
As an Experience Designer, you will be responsible forcreating holistic, seamless solutions for a variety of digital projects.Leading with empathy and customer-centricity, you will work closely with fellowresearchers, designers, product managers, technical leaders, and seniorbusiness executives to transform end-to-end customer experiences in afast-paced, dynamic, and ever-evolving environment. Key Responsibilities:
- Build empathy withusers through both qualitative and quantitative research activities
- Create low and mid-fidelityprototypes to get actionable feedback from primary and secondary audiences
- Synthesize research findings and createrelevant, revealing, and inspiring artifacts for project teams and businessstakeholders
- Communicate complexinformation using interaction design tools, including journey maps, storyboards,service blueprints, task flows, and wireframes
- Deliver design recommendationswith confidence and consideration for diverse stakeholders
- Design and facilitate engaging, outcome-focusedDesign Thinking workshops, both for end-users and project stakeholders
- Champion the user at each stage of thediscovery, design, and development process
- Educate the firm on Design Thinking
- A degree in Interaction Design, User ExperienceDesign, Service Design, Visual Design, HCI, or related fields
- 3-5 years of experience with strategic designand/or research
- Excellent visual, verbal, and writtencommunication skills
- Ability to convey concepts through wireframes,flows, and mockups
- Fluency in design, prototyping, and presentationsoftware such as Sketch, Adobe Suite, InVision, and Keynote
- Deep understanding of the Design Thinkingmethodology, both as a practitioner and educator
- Presentation or portfolio of work to communicateoutcome and process
- Financial services experience
The final officer title and job grade is at the discretionof the firm and will be discussed at the time of offer. It may be differentthan what is listed on the requisition based on candidate experience level.