FA - Senior Software Engineer - Structured Products
The Bloomberg Structured Products team is responsible for all data, cash flows and analytics of the two million plus bonds that make up the structured products universe. Because of how large and sophisticated these securities are, we own some of the largest databases, run the highest hit services that return billions of points of data, and maintain the best libraries of cash flow models at Bloomberg.
Who we are:
We are an enthusiastic, talented team of over 140 engineers who work side by side with product managers, modelers, and many other engineering groups. Our teams develop front-end and back-end interfaces powered by a cluster of hundreds of very powerful Linux machines that help us serve data, run simulations and provide a plethora of analytics to both internal and external clients.To meet the ever increasing market data needs of the future, we continually are rethinking parts of our system. Currently we are optimizing our data ingestion systems, advancing horizontal scalability for our suite of many micro services and putting in the groundwork to build reliable cloud solutions for our top-tier clients. Who you are:
An innovative engineer who is motivated by building and adding value to financial products that are used by clients, and someone who cares about the impact of your work. You enjoy collaborating and working closely with other people. Youâ€™re a problem solver,Â eager to learn, and have an interest in the structured products domain. As part of this team we'll trust you to:
Youâ€™ll need to have:
- Work collaboratively with product owners to build products that our clients use to solve sophisticated problems
- Design, develop and release high-quality maintainable code
- Take ownership of technical solutions, development and delivery to production
- Help the team evolve and operate on a day to day basis
We'd love to see:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skillsÂ
- A passion for good software development practices
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
If this sounds like you, please apply!
- Experience with automated testing tools
- Strong code review skills
- An interest in financial markets
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.