- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
FP & A Sr. Group Manager
FP & A Sr. Group Manager
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Finance
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18065192
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Role context: Global Markets & Securities Services - FP & A Sr. Group Manager (Head of FP&A)
Markets and Securities Services serves client needs for underwriting, sales and trading, distribution, research and analysis across various asset classes and currencies, sectors and industries, covering a vast array of products and leveraging trading floors located in over 80 countries.
Citi Global Markets and Securities Services provides world-class solutions that are as diverse as the needs of the corporates, institutions, governments, and individual investors we serve in 160 countries and territories. The breadth, depth, and strength of our underwriting, sales and trading, and distribution capabilities span asset classes and currencies, sectors and industries, covering a vast array of products.
On trading floors located in over 80 countries and jurisdictions, we work around the clock to enrich the relationships, products, liquidity, and technology that define our market-making presence in North America, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Latin America. Our research and analysis offer the highest-quality corporate, sector, economic, and geographical insights - from equity and fixed income research to market and product analysis - helping individual and institutional clients navigate a complex global marketplace.
The Global FP&A Head has responsibility for managing all financial aspects across the business and is responsible for defining financial objectives anchored on sound financial criteria, driving strategy in close partnership with the business and functional areas globally.
The role requires a strong analytical approach to client, product and financial strategy together with leadership skills that significantly rely on influence and building strong partnerships to execute business and financial plans in a systematic, measurable, and effective way. The ideal candidate should demonstrate proven ability to work together with multiple stakeholders across Markets, Finance, Functions, Operations and Technology. The candidate must be able to work effectively in a cross-functional environment without close supervision and with colleagues who may not be in the same geographic location.
The FP&A Head reports to the Global Markets and Securities Services Lead Finance Officer.
Job & Group Description:
The Global Markets & Securities Services FP&A team supplies the LFO, Heads of the various businesses and other senior management (Global Markets Leadership, ICG CFO, CEO etc.) with analysis and insight into MSS financial results and projections. Through this analysis, the team facilitates decision making to drive performance and strategy of global products, regions and functions, and also for use with external analysts, regulators and investors. Deliverables include, but are not limited to, monthly performance analyses, target setting and forward-looking analytics for a variety of internal and external stakeholders. The team also sets balance sheet and capital consumption targets, manages the annual budget, quarterly outlooks and forecasts, competitor analytics, and the CCAR process to drive the long term performance of the franchise. The organization drives the planning and analytics for acquisitions, divestitures, investment initiatives, re-engineering programs, cost of credit trends and net interest margin analytics.
Primary responsibility of this role encompasses all aspects of Financial Planning & Analysis for Global Markets & Securities Services formulating and executing strategies anchored on sound financial criteria across all elements of the P&L, Balance Sheet and Capital. Furthermore, it includes:
- Lead the financial analysis for all actuals and planning dimensions such as: Earnings, Outlooks, Forecasts, Annual Plan, and manage the preparation of presentations for the CEO, CFO, Operating Committee and Board of Directors; oversee Long-Term & Capital Planning activities including CCAR and related governance and protocols
- Create and Lead ad-hoc optimization analytics on themes that arise at senior management's request and/or through proactive research of potential issues across the entire spectrum of business performance
- Lead executive level program summaries from detailed progress updates and provide early indications of areas needing greater management focus
- Partner with various global functional (i.e. Product Control, Corporate/Sector FP&A, Tax etc.) and business stakeholders to deepen LFO's analysis and manage various processes around actual and forward-looking financials
- In partnership with the Sector FP&A and the wider ICG work stream teams, lead various projects to enhance efficiency of Citi's financial processes and increase the informative value of the content provided to senior management
- Have oversight of a regional and global team of individuals comprised of both onshore and offshore (Mumbai, Costa Rica) resources to drive efficiencies and enhance analytical prowess
- Oversight and thorough understanding of all Competitor Analytics and business positioning across various product lines
- Responsible for developing senior level talent to advance pipeline of Finance leaders across the Citi franchise
- Develop key performance indicators to measure the effectiveness of the business strategy and lead actionable initiatives to mitigate
- Manage Balance Sheet and Capital consumption limits for the franchise
- Provide finance and analytical support to the business and other internal or external stakeholders
- Understanding and proactively mitigate impact of new regulations or accounting requirements on profitability and business strategy
- 10+ years of Finance experience, leading change and executing on complex initiatives
- Strong understanding of Sales & Trading businesses is a requirement
- Bachelor's Degree required, Advanced degree preferred
- Proven ability and experience in building a high performing team; must have strong understanding managing teams in multiple geographies
- Working in a Finance role with multiple executive stakeholders and in an organization with a matrix management structure
- Successful understanding and leadership of a geographically diverse business
- Strong intellectual grasp of the industry and with the ability to anticipate and lead the organizational response to future changes
- Ability to translate vision into executable plans
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Credibility and gravitas to lead, motivate and influence a diverse population across geographies, products and matrix reporting lines
- Superior problem solving skills; pragmatic approach to ensure limited resources are directed appropriately
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to deal with colleagues at all levels across the Firm
- Ambitious and driven
- Willing to learn
- Be a team player
- Positive and pro-active attitude
- Ability to manage multiple demands