Fed Discount Window Pledge Analyst, NY, IB Corporate Bank,
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
The role sits within IB Portfolio Management and is based in New York. The individual will be responsible for coordinating with Treasury, Transaction Execution Group (part of Capital Markets and Advisory) and COO the pledging, eligibility compliance monitoring and replenishment of a changing pool of corporate banking relationship loans supporting the firm's ability to source contingent liquidity from the Federal Reserve's Discount Window. While the main business processes controls have been designed there is an opportunity to make your mark in what is effectively a brand-new function critical to the success of one of the firm's strategic priorities. The individual has to be an independent self-starter with some previous exposure to audit, compliance and even portfolio management concepts as well as detail oriented given the attendant regulatory scrutiny. Given the amount of coordination required good interpersonal skills are essential; working knowledge of the syndicated loan product along is highly desirable.
- Select loans for initial pledging and ad-hoc replenishment according to a given facility's Borrower-in-Custody (BIC) program eligibility and funding profile
- Contribute to the development of a programmatic selection mechanism ensuring the maximization of pool stability
- Evaluate the eligibility of pledged loans using internally developed monitoring reports (daily) and canvassing of deal sites for new and amended deal documents (periodic)
- Manage pledge pool reference data, coordinating with Treasury and Legal Entity Finance to ensure accurate enrichment of static data
- Present collateral proposals to the CUSO CIB Discount Window Oversight Committee for consideration and approval
- Report periodically to representatives at the Fed Discount Window in accordance with BIC program requirements
- Identify and implement process and control improvements as the program itself matures
- Participate in periodic internal audit and regulatory reviews of the overall program in support of BIC certification
- Equivalent experience 2 years’ within investment banking, trading, portfolio management or COO
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to balance independent thinking against procedural subject area
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills!
- Confidence and ability to work with senior management and raise issues when identified
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams;
- Are you proficient with excel?
- Proficiency in rules-based modeling or programming languages a plus!
- Outstanding knowledge of the syndicated loan product and familiarity with different forms of loan documentation
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.