We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO's Alternatives platform has over $145 billion in assets under management across a mix of private equity, evergreen and hedge fund vehicles, and with a range of target returns. The alternatives platform comprises a broad and growing suite of flexible strategies, focused primarily on corporate, real estate and specialty finance sectors, as well as securities trading, and spanning the US, Europe and emerging markets.
We are building a dedicated technology team to focus on the alternatives business. We are seeking a Senior Technical Product Manager / Business Analyst who will help drive transforming our operations and finance processes/systems for Alts business.
Essential functions and responsibilities include:
- Building in-depth understanding of processes related to Legal Entity Management, Treasury and Expense Management, Cash Management, Accounting, Investment Operations, Tax Structuring and Investor Servicing
- Drive delivery of Alts FinOps Tech projects by working closely with Alts Operations Finance, Tax and Valuation teams.
- Work closely with engineering to ensure incremental value delivery with evolutionary design.
- Actively participate in solution design and assist in roadmap creation.
- Develop and apply new ideas, approaches and methods with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Foster positive working relationships and create an environment for team collaboration and knowledge sharing
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 10 years of professional work experience as a technical Product/Business/System Analyst.
- Prior working experience in one of Treasury management, Cash Management or Accounting related operations projects preferably for Alts Private Investments.
- In depth Knowledge of and experience with financial products (such as listed security and/or derivative) valuation and risk management solutions and/or knowledge of pricing and risk measurement on derivatives from various asset classes such as interest rate, FX, fixed income, etc.
- Demonstrated experience developing stakeholder engagement and communications
- Prior system design experience.
- Coding experience with Python or any one language.
- Good understanding of SDLC and processes.
- Advance sql and reporting platform experience (SSRS, Power BI).
- Mastery of Microsoft Office Suite, including Project, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel;
- Curious and willingness to learn
- CFA and/or MBA
- Experience working at Alts Investment Manager
- Low-code platform experience like Appian
- Familiarity with cloud native architecture.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office