- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 21 Jul 18
Financial Analyst - Global Credit Product Controller # 114687
This is a unique opportunity to join the Divisional Finance/Line of Business/CFO ("CFO") team supporting the Global Credit Product (GCP) division within Global Markets. The CFO team is part of the Business Finance Officer (BFO) team and sits within Product Control (PC) who is an integral part of the wider CFO Division. The role is challenging and offers the right candidate an exclusive opportunity to develop commercial CFO skills through hands on experience partnering closely with Front Office.
Specific Responsibilities includes:
- Financial Planning, Forecasting & Analysis:
- Assist in developing the Financial Plan where the successful candidate is expected to partner with the business lines and COO teams, challenge assumptions and critically evaluate the suitability of the plan through the year.
- Assist in reporting revenues and expense forecasts by legal entity to the GM Finance teams.
- Assist in preparing data for monthly performance evaluation for each of the GCP trading desks.
- Prepare ad hoc reports for various revenue, expense and performance commentary including preparation of Storyboards, Flash, daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly updates.
- Partner with GCP COO team in preparing various presentations detailing financial performance, trends, market conditions, capital utilization, liquidity constrains and funding.
- Prepare and review various regulatory submissions such as CCAR and DFAST and assisting in providing data to respond to various requests that are received from regulators.
- Assisting Strategic Design:
- Partner and assist the GCP Management team on presentations and providing financial information for business strategy sessions.
- Expense Management:
- Provide detailed MIS and metrics on direct and indirect expenses allocated to the GCP business, and ensure each business line within GCP is monitored and tracked against these metrics.
- Perform a detailed review and behind the GCP expense base (down to Pre Tax Income) to enable management to effective challenge expense allocations.
- Contribute to the Expense Optimization Strategy where the successful candidate will collaborate with the GCP COO's to perform targeted deep dives and challenge both FO and Corporate Function behavior.
- Capital, Balance Sheet and Liquidity:
- Partner with and assist the front office on their forward looking resource projections (BCBS, RWA, Liquidity) and be able to explain the impact of these on financial performance.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
Ideally, you have a CPA and have worked for a major accounting firm. Graduates with appropriate qualifications or experience in financial services within a major Investment Bank or financial institution will also be considered.
- A self-starter with great organization skills who is capable of multitasking and delivering results under tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint with prior experience in programming or R-Studio an advantage.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and motivated to drive projects independently.
- Ability to partner with diverse teams across multiple locations and understand regional complexities.