- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Feb 18
Financial Analyst (FP&A)
Location: New York, NY, USAPosition objective is to provide support to corporate planning and finance management through all phases of the compensation and headcount financial planning and analysis process. This role is responsible for the maintenance and enhancement of the corporate compensation model in Hyperion.
- Assist in consolidating, analyzing, and reporting quarterly forecasts, annual budget, and strategic plan in relation to compensation and headcount
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual models, analysis, and reporting of:
- headcount activity
- compensation expense
- annual compensation tracking
- Work closely with the Hyperion, business planning, and Human Resource systems teams on the compensation model
- Maintain reconciliations of data between Human Resource systems (SuccessFactors) and Hyperion compensation model
- Ensure model is calculating correctly based on business requirements
- Recommend improvements/enhancements to current model, processes, and reporting
- Support consolidated compensation actual/budget/forecast variance analysis during the monthly/quarterly close process and act on results to assist in effective business management
- Support Finance and operating managers' decision-making processes by providing forward-looking analysis and insights related to compensation and headcount
- Develop new reporting or analysis to provide insightful information to business and finance management
- Prepare presentations & analysis for various senior management audiences
- Participate in special projects as assigned by Finance management
Scope/Supervision and Interaction
- Makes decisions appropriate for level of responsibility
- Raises concerns to the appropriate level of management and keeps management informed of activities
- Quickly adapts to shifting priorities and business needs
- Interaction with Business and Corporate Planning colleagues, Accounting, HR, Investor Relations, Hyperion systems team, and business line representatives
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Systems or related field preferred but not required
- 2-5 years of experience in financial planning and analysis, accounting, or compensation/modeling systems support
- Prior forecasting and reporting experience and/or interest in financial planning and analysis a plus
- Exposure to multidimensional reporting applications (Hyperion Planning and Essbase a plus)
- Microsoft Office applications (especially Excel and PowerPoint)
- Understanding of accounting and financial statement reporting
- Strong communication skills; excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Exposure to general ledger software (e.g. PeopleSoft Financials, SAP)
- Capable of financial modeling for scenario and sensitivity analysis
- Ability to deal with confidential information in a professional manner
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and maintain attention to detail
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.